The Acquisition Group

www.theacquisitiongroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Acquisition Group

Great Company for Young People

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly provides an exceptional experience for young people. As a highly ambitious university student, TAG offered me the opportunity to develop several essential skills: Selling, Leading Teams & Communication.

Through daily workshops on sales, I was able to develop and polish this vital skill. By learning the techniques of "selling" I was able to persuade my future employers that I was the ideal candidate. Through advancement to a Senior Marketing Consultant, I was able to interview and build my own teams. This kind of precious experience is almost impossible to find for someone who is still in school. Not only did it help me understand leadership but also practice it on a daily basis. Finally through speaking with customers and people of all backgrounds, I learned how to effectively communicate. Understanding the subtleties such as speaking slower to the elderly, still brings me success in the presentations I conduct today.

In a competitive job market like today, TAG offers a unique opportunity for young people to develop many key skills that will help them reach success in any of their future endeavors.

Cons

Needed to diversify where they acquired talent.

To find top talent, senior management should look to places such as University recruitment events, job fairs or online job boards like talentegg, Indeed and Monster.

128 Other Employee Reviews for The Acquisition Group (View Most Recent)

Gave me great experience to get my dream job!

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working here you will learn lots of skills and attributes to help you succeed in the work force. While working here I learned how to conduct sales and acquisitions, how to train people, how to conduct interviews and how to face deadlines and deal with pressure. The training provided gave me to confidence and skill set to get a job at Goldman Sachs. I am able to deal with pressure better than my peers and I am able to perform better as I came from a performance background at The Acquisition Group.

- I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a long term career, or to someone looking to gain real concrete experience to springboard their career forward.

Cons

The biggest con was dealing with the pressure of performance at The Acquisition Group, but if i didn't learn how to cope with this I wouldn't of been able to further my Career.

Seek recruitment from different areas, make sure you hire the right candidates to en-stile your corporate culture.

Best Opportunity to Advance into Management In Short Amount of Time

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with amazing people! Everyone comes in looking great, dressed in suits, full of optimism. I work all different types of promotional events on location, meet new people all the time, and learn a ton.

The days start with training and workshops; I've never learned so much at a job. I can advance as quickly as I want to, can dedicate myself completely and build my career in less than a year. I love the opportunity that has been given to me. There is no other job that I can step into and receive such comprehensive training and advance so quickly into a management role. I really respect the management team and they always recognize hard work!

Cons

The days are long when you first start, but you learn to maximize your time. You become more efficient and more productive and you accomplish more personally and professionally. When you love your job and love the people you work with, it isn't hard to spend a little more time building your career.

I'd love to see more team retreats and trips. It is so helpful meeting the other offices and getting face-time with the VP and CEO. It's awesome that I can start in entry level and still get that kind of attention from senior management. More of that would be appreciated!

There are newer employer reviews for The Acquisition Group