The Acquisition Group

www.theacquisitiongroup.com
  www.theacquisitiongroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Acquisition Group

Great Company for Young People

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a company that truly provides an exceptional experience for young people. As a highly ambitious university student, TAG offered me the opportunity to develop several essential skills: Selling, Leading Teams & Communication.

Through daily workshops on sales, I was able to develop and polish this vital skill. By learning the techniques of "selling" I was able to persuade my future employers that I was the ideal candidate. Through advancement to a Senior Marketing Consultant, I was able to interview and build my own teams. This kind of precious experience is almost impossible to find for someone who is still in school. Not only did it help me understand leadership but also practice it on a daily basis. Finally through speaking with customers and people of all backgrounds, I learned how to effectively communicate. Understanding the subtleties such as speaking slower to the elderly, still brings me success in the presentations I conduct today.

In a competitive job market like today, TAG offers a unique opportunity for young people to develop many key skills that will help them reach success in any of their future endeavors.

Cons

Needed to diversify where they acquired talent.

To find top talent, senior management should look to places such as University recruitment events, job fairs or online job boards like talentegg, Indeed and Monster.

120 Other Employee Reviews for The Acquisition Group (View Most Recent)

Best Opportunity to Advance into Management In Short Amount of Time

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work with amazing people! Everyone comes in looking great, dressed in suits, full of optimism. I work all different types of promotional events on location, meet new people all the time, and learn a ton.

The days start with training and workshops; I've never learned so much at a job. I can advance as quickly as I want to, can dedicate myself completely and build my career in less than a year. I love the opportunity that has been given to me. There is no other job that I can step into and receive such comprehensive training and advance so quickly into a management role. I really respect the management team and they always recognize hard work!

Cons

The days are long when you first start, but you learn to maximize your time. You become more efficient and more productive and you accomplish more personally and professionally. When you love your job and love the people you work with, it isn't hard to spend a little more time building your career.

I'd love to see more team retreats and trips. It is so helpful meeting the other offices and getting face-time with the VP and CEO. It's awesome that I can start in entry level and still get that kind of attention from senior management. More of that would be appreciated!

Great opportunity, young management, forward thinking approach

Current Employee - Account Executive Realtor Movers Program in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very understanding and supportive boss. Love the flexible hours and the great tolls that allow you to work from anywhere. Program undergoes changes constantly, which provides for a healthy challenge. The role itself comes with a great variety of tasks, responsibilities and activities - not a boring day on the job!

Cons

No benefits, no vacation - talent really needs a break sometimes. Lack of support for the program from the upper levels of Telus, Marketing team, and other departments.

I demand more fun team builders! :)

There are newer employer reviews for The Acquisition Group