There are newer employer reviews for The Addison Group

Absolutely Amazing!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Recruiter in Tulsa, OK

I worked at The Addison Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked at Addison as a Recruiter and it was truly the best job I have ever had. The people are great, the atmosphere forces you to take all the negative energy and replace it with positive. Everyone there wants to see you succeed. Training internally was good, but the outside training from corporate could have been better. Work / Life Balance was great as well.

Cons

There are days when it can seem discouraging, but overall it's great.

Nothing, management was great.

17 Other Employee Reviews for The Addison Group (View Most Recent)

Schaumburg Agency is an unprofessional joke - shady practices

I worked at The Addison Group as a contractor

Pros

NONE - there is no pro to working for them

Cons

Recruiters are typical here - untrained and uneducated about the positions they are selling. I turned down a "temp" position due to being offered a direct hire with benefits.
    I went to an interview with a client which went fine.

The Addison Group client even asked me why I would take a temporary position given my work experience. (Red flag #1)I explained that I was told by Addison that this job would be temp to hire. The client also informed me that the position has been filled by temps for two years (huge red flag #2 as far as being "temp to hire").

I addressed my concerns with my "recruiter" . I told her a temporary job doesn't suit my lifestyle, and I had a better option for work. I thanked her for her time and turned down the offer politely. Recruiter called me back with another recruiter on the line.

They then practically begged me to take the job, offered me more money ($2/hr more than promised, and paid holidays) so I said I would consider the offer, but they refused to take no for an answer. When I asked about the length of the assignment, they assured me this was my way in "foot in the door", and for sure it was going to be long term and a direct hire in the long run. She then said I could file for unemployment, and if something happened in a couple months they'd find me another job. I thought this was long term, though??? So why would I need another job or unemployment if you are promising a "temp to hire" (Red flag #3)

They lied and gave me the run around (putting me on hold for fake "approvals" from their manager, etc. The recruiter is a terrible liar and I assume she is brand new to this job. They then called me later saying they couldn't offer me the $2/hour more as promised.

I finally had enough and called to turn down the offer (politely) for a final time after the promised pay increase was then taken away. I asked them to stop calling me and not to contact me again. A few minutes later I received a threatening voice mail from the recruiter whom said that I was unprofessional and it is a small world. (FINAL RED FLAG)

Most agencies would just accept you turning down the offer, but it seems like her commission she would have made off of me was already spent in her mind.

RUN the other way, it is not worth losing out on permanent job opportunities being stuck in a temporary job that is promised as "temp to hire" when it is nothing but temporary. I'm sure they wouldn't have felt bad screwing me over and laying me off after the client's backlog of work was caught up.

Just another lieing staffing agency. I will be submitting this review on every possible website and to the BBB to warn fellow candidates.

Monitor your recruiter's phone calls and they need more training on how to communicate.

Please choose them more carefully as they are projecting a poor image of your company.

Get your foot in the door

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at The Addison Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Addison Group partners with some of the best businesses in Boise. Although no benefits are provided (PTO, Sick Leave, Paid Vacation) this temp agency allows you to get your foot in the door and some gain experience from a company that would have otherwise over looked you.

Cons

Pay is significantly less that actual employees with same title get paid.

There are newer employer reviews for The Addison Group