There was very mad management.

Former Employee - Runner  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Runner in Chicago, IL

I worked at The Alhambra Palace Restaurant

Pros

The waiters and employees were fun to be around, and the atmosphere was fun. It was also a good location and there was entertainment while you worked.

Cons

Schedules were always changing last minute and you could never count on being staffed a whole shift. The pay seemed to always be off as well/

Work on correcting pay and having better schedules. Keep everything fair as far as keeping people staffed all night and keeping the tips fair.

Other Reviews for The Alhambra Palace Restaurant

Great opportunity for young aspiring professionals.

Current Employee - Sales & Event Coordinator  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales & Event Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Alhambra Palace Restaurant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Involved with prestigious events. Created an unforgettable rolodex of contacts. You get out of the opportunity as to what you put in. My knowledge of operations on food and beverage has never been better. I started as an intern, worked my way into this position, and gave me more tools to further my career.

Cons

Long Hours! Mandatory 6 day work weeks as management. During holiday season, be prepared to work as much as 110 hours a week. I was never offered commission on my sales. This job is good for those who want to launch your career. This is not a career establishment. There is no upwards mobility, very few chances for raises.

Listen to your lower management. Don't laugh at me when I ask for commissions. Don't make me feel like my job is never done and give us the rest and time off we work so hard to receive.

There are newer employer reviews for The Alhambra Palace Restaurant.

Worked for The Alhambra Palace Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!