There are newer employer reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County

We do it for the clients, not for the rude treatment and disregard we face from our top dogs.

Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ
Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at The Arc - Middlesex County

Pros

It's a great feeling to be part of improving the quality of life of the people we support. It's a good way to make other professional contacts in your local community and to learn how to be more sensitive to other people.

Cons

You will be invisible to upper management. We are all replaceable and we are only recognized when something is not done correctly. No room for advancement, no raises in 4 years but you will continually be given heavier work loads with no support from Directors. You will be exhausted from your big caseloads and told that you need to bring more money in for the agency. The quality of support to our clients is not important to the Executive Directors, they just push you to get quality because that's how they get paid. When you ask for assistance from an you will be ignored and not even acknowledged. The sarcasm and lack of social skills from upper Management is laughable. You will be treated as a nuisance if you address any issues out of an Executive Directors comfort level. You have a fashion police Director who will embarrass you for wearing anything that isn't loosefitting and matronly because it's "unprofessional." Forget holiday parties, bonuses bigger than $100, raises, overtime, respect and dignity. You don't get that here.

Recognize that bad morale can not be ignored or it will keep trickling down and effect every aspect of the organization. Treat your employees kindly and reward, recognize them when appropriate. Take an active interest in your employees well being. Consider quality over quantity if you wish to be the provider of choice.

reviews filtered by
  1. This is the worst place I have ever workes. Don't even bother.

Former Employee - Former DSP
    Former Employee - Former DSP

I worked at The Arc - Middlesex County full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The participants are great and I have met some great coworkers.

Cons

Ok where do I begin.

The pay sucks. The higher ups are ignorant people who don't care about anything but claim to care so much about the participants. Well they don't they have more participants then they can handle and not enough staff and if DDD caught them they'd be screwed. To get promoted or get any recognition you have to be an African Man who doesn't speak english. They claim to say that you cannot get promoted unless you have been there for 6 months and have not been written up however if they like you they will promote you in 2 and a half months a week after your write up. They don't train you but then write you up for things you were never taught. You cannot take a paid vacation for a year. Don't even think about getting any type of support from anyone because no one knows anything when you try to ask them. They don't hire enough staff and them they will write everyone up for being our of ratio.

Pay people better. Learn how to be professional. And most of all learn how to appreciate those who 'work below you" considering they are the ones who do all the dirty work while you are in your offices deciding who your going to write up next for a stupid reason.

2. Worst Job I have ever had!!!!

Former Employee - Vocational Director
    Former Employee - Vocational Director

I worked at The Arc - Middlesex County

Pros

Ok the participants are amazing. I love getting the sense that I am changing someone's life and helping them have a better quality of life. Some of the staff I worked with have been some of the best people/staff I have ever worked with. They really know how to look out for each other when it is important and really bond with each other.

Cons

Ok where do I begin.

The pay is embarrassing. The higher ups are ignorant dogs who don't care about jack but claim to care so much about the participants. Well they don't they have more participants then they can handle and not enough staff and if DDD caught them they'd be screwed. To get promoted or get any recognition you have to be an African Man who doesn't speak english. They claim to say that you cannot get promoted unless you have been there for 6 month and have not been written up however if they like you they will promote you in 2 and a half months a week after your write up. They don't train you but then write you up for things you were never taught. You cannot take a paid vacation for a year. Don't even think about getting any type of support from anyone because no one knows anything when you try to ask them. They don't hire enough staff and them they will write everyone up for being our of ratio.

1) Learn how to talk to people without doing so as if they are 5 years old.
    2)Appreciate your staff don't just criticize them when you have nothing to do with the participants.
    3) Pay your employees more.
    4)Don't change the policies for one person and no one else.
    5) Don't write someone up without investigating the situation.
    6) Hire people that speak English.
    7) work in a group home/day program to see what we actually do.
    8) stop promoting the wrong people
    9) Hire enough staff to be in ratio
    10) don't just accept people because your greedy and want the money
    11) Actually train your directors to know what the hell they are doing
    12) actually train people when they start
    13) give bonuses
    14) five raises
    15) Act like u give a darn about tour emploees.

There are newer employer reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County