The Arc - Middlesex County

www.arc-middlesex.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County

We do it for the clients, not for the rude treatment and disregard we face from our top dogs.

Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ
Current Employee - Vocational in North Brunswick, NJ

Pros

It's a great feeling to be part of improving the quality of life of the people we support. It's a good way to make other professional contacts in your local community and to learn how to be more sensitive to other people.

Cons

You will be invisible to upper management. We are all replaceable and we are only recognized when something is not done correctly. No room for advancement, no raises in 4 years but you will continually be given heavier work loads with no support from Directors. You will be exhausted from your big caseloads and told that you need to bring more money in for the agency. The quality of support to our clients is not important to the Executive Directors, they just push you to get quality because that's how they get paid. When you ask for assistance from an you will be ignored and not even acknowledged. The sarcasm and lack of social skills from upper Management is laughable. You will be treated as a nuisance if you address any issues out of an Executive Directors comfort level. You have a fashion police Director who will embarrass you for wearing anything that isn't loosefitting and matronly because it's "unprofessional." Forget holiday parties, bonuses bigger than $100, raises, overtime, respect and dignity. You don't get that here.

Advice to Management

Recognize that bad morale can not be ignored or it will keep trickling down and effect every aspect of the organization. Treat your employees kindly and reward, recognize them when appropriate. Take an active interest in your employees well being. Consider quality over quantity if you wish to be the provider of choice.

Other Employee Reviews for The Arc - Middlesex County

1. Some good, some bad

Pros

The best aspects of working there were working with a great department who provided support and the ability to help individuals achieve their goals.

Cons

The years I was there, they did not give raises. Was not provided constructive criticism just criticized by upper management. Felt a divide between employees and upper management.

Advice to Management

Provide employees praise and some compensation when they are doing well and solutions to problems instead of just criticizing.

2. Direct Support Professional

Former Employee - DSP in North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - DSP in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at The Arc - Middlesex County full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love what they stand for.

Cons

The upper management doesn't care about anyone but themselves.

Advice to Management

Work one day on the floor to actually see what everyone goes through.