The Arc

www.thearc.org

A difficult environment, but wonderful co-workers and clients

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Starke, FL

ProsThe Clients. It's all about giving the clients the best possible support. And they are so amazing at the the ARC of Bradford. These individuals are so caring and fun! Even the most taciturn will blossom if given the right positive reinforcement. These are loving, emotional people who look for friendship and guidance.

ConsBeing a Direct Support Supervisor for special needs clients is difficult but very rewarding. Working at the ARC of Bradford really is a balance between getting a chance to work with amazing clients and tip-toeing around non-communicative or even hostile management. Granted, with State budget cuts, everyone works harder, but not always smarter, so management always seems harried and unappraochable. Sometime this job seemed like a glorified babysitting job, and the enrichment of individual clients was overlooked or put aside. I do have to stress that these clients are wonderful and deserving of empathetic, caring people to work with them, but it was difficult to do the job the way it should be done in the atmosphere provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour job is so important! It effects the lives of the clients, your staff and all their families. Please take the time to learn how to be more effective with time management and to treat staff with dignity and respect. We are already working for so little money; this job is a labor of love. Don't forget that your attitude in the workplace, even your body language, can affect how people see you as a leader and how they see the organization as a whole. If you are using negative body language and speach, or talking behind people's backs, it creates a very negative environment to work in. We all look to you to be strong, even when money is tight and you are stressed. The clients don't need to see that negativity. Cherish the good staff you have that will work for $8 an hour and show them the respect that they deserve.

They don't treat people with disabilities fairly.

Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Arc

Pros: I enjoyed helping people with disabilities go about their daily lives, give… Cons: They have poor management. they relocate you as soom as their residents really like their staff because they don't want them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

An organization that does so much for the community, lacks as an employer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

I worked at The Arc

Pros: This organization does a great deed for the challenged community. The compensation vs. work… Cons: Dysfunctional management system. Lack of advancement opportunities due to said system and preferential treatment of employees.… Advice to Senior Management: The company needs a complete management overhaul. Rampant employee dissatisfaction and gossip ruin the work experience. Lack… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Arc.

Worked for The Arc? Contribute to the Community!