Lack of leadership

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work with a lot of creative, fun people.
Get to help people with education

Cons

I was at AIS for 15 months, and in that time we had three school presidents, two HR directors (the second one quit right after I left), and all leadership in my department turned over. Among the workers in my dept, there was 100% turnover in that time. We also received many mixed messages about how to do the admissions role. On one hand, we were told that it's "the right student in the right program at the right time." On the other hand, we were also told to get them in for an interview "and reel them in." Also, the 2nd HR manager told me that this wasn't a job to have if you liked work/life balance.

Stop micro-managing and trust your employees.

Other Reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle

Deflating, demoralizing, depressing and unethical.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle

Pros

It used to be the money, but the financial incentives are no longer there due to recent legislation. During my time there, the admissions team was an amazing group of people, excluding those in management.

Cons

The ADA is a salesperson, plain and simple. I was hired on believing that I was helping creative kids get a quality education in the commercial arts and culinary, but this was not the reality. 150+ calls per day off of lists of names that had already told AIS that they were no longer interested in speaking with the school was a minimum requirement. The goals set by EDMC were outrageous considering the amount of money that went into the facilities and educators. No matter how well you felt you did, it was never good enough for this company.

Consider a model other than "churn 'em and burn 'em" in regard to students and your admissions team. Stand by the mission and values of the college. Lead with integrity and encourage your employees by giving praise where it's due. Re-familiarize yourselves with what it means to be morally sound and ethical.

great place

Current Employee - Culinary Instructor  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Culinary Instructor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Art Institute of Seattle

Pros

Good ambiance, interesting work, flexible schedule...

Cons

Compensation elsewhere is better blabla bla

Great job

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle.

Worked for The Art Institute of Seattle? Contribute to the Community!