The Art Institute of Seattle

www.artinstitutes.edu
  www.artinstitutes.edu
There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle

Working for a large Art School

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Many of the students are motivated, but many are not

Cons

The school became more about the paperwork than the people work

Listen to the people working for you; it is not all about money.

27 Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle (View Most Recent)

Work with amazing people but expect horrible decisions made by the corporate

Former Employee - Support Staff in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, great passionate students with dreams. You'll help them get through school and it's a rewarding feeling when you see them graduate and get their dream job.

Cons

You get to work with amazing staff and faculty. The people are great, it's just that corporate tend to make horrible decisions. Like downsizing 20-30 people across nation, and with that extra money, they remodeled the institutes a month later. Or they lay off people who's worked there for over 20 years for no reason- or important people like loan coordinators and people who contact students when their loans are due were laid off so a lot of students were defaulting in their loans. I heard that there were some bullying and harassment going on behind the admissions door- but I never knew what was going on. I guess they're very sales driven and it's cut throat if you don't recruit enough students.

My job was fine. Just the situation around me was tense. There's always war going between Financial aid and Admissions but I guess there will always be conflict between departments wherever you go. Not much room for growth. There's hardly any advancement.

Didn't really had any issues with anyone- just heard some stuff about Admissions managers.

Satisfied

Current Employee - Marketer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Art Institute of Seattle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Great Team
    2. Flexibility
    3. Learn about different departments and enjoy student work
    4. Helping students

Cons

Not much to say here, I really enjoyed my time here and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for entry level positions and want to work for corporations.

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle