The Art Institute of Seattle

www.artinstitutes.edu
There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle

read above

I have been working at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time

Pros

managers are great as people but not as managers

Cons

phone calls, hudles, meetings, numbers driven...

stop doing the exact same thing, while expecting different results

24 Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle (View Most Recent)

Not a healthy environment- stay away!!

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free classes & a good view. I really wish I could say more

Cons

-This is hands down he worst company I have ever worked for. I say company because they pretend to be a school, but in all reality this is a sales organization. No one is happy here. Turnover is INCREDIBLY high.

-The company is part of EDMC (Education Management Corporation) - do your research and you will see just how awful this company is. Several lawsuits/investigations against them due to recruiting practices.

-Management- The absolute worst. They micromanage to the fullest and do it in a very bi-polar manner. It's a numbers game where the students do not matter and that's all they care about. I really don't know how they can even sleep at night knowing what they do.

-The people who stay here the longest have no career aspirations, self-confidence, and think this is how a normal job is supposed to be....especially the "managers". I've never been managed by such unintelligent people.

None- This company will probably not be around for much longer- and if it is, someone else will own it....for the sake of the students, I really hope so.

Would give tem zero stars if that was an option

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good instructors, great location and decent course offerings

Cons

Micromanagement...all day, every day
    During the initial interviews you are told that this is not a " sales" job. It is about helping the students to achieve their goals and dreams. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is all about emotionally browbeating some poor high school senior, laid off and disgruntled Burger King employee or ex military with GI benefits and getting them to apply. High pressure and unethical sales tactics are employed and condoned daily. As cool as the job may seem, listen to your inner voice and run like hell.

Treat your people with respect. Low morale and micromanagement combined with a culture of favoritism are going to be your undoing.

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institute of Seattle