The Art Institute of Seattle

www.artinstitutes.edu

Fine first job, fresh out of college.

Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI was hired here right after college. Hiring process was very fast, 1st interview Wednesday, second Thursday and hired later that day. Waited 1 week for a background check then was made an official offer. Benefits are good, and after 1 year they make up to 6% match in retirement contributions. Great people!!

ConsThe corporate structure is in the process of centralizing as much as possible. No direct contact between campus employees and corporate employees, except through company portal.

After working here a few months, found out that there is very little upward mobility, a co-worker had been in the same position for 10 years (whether by choice or lack of advancement was unapparent). This was definitely a bummer as I am a young motivated employee looking to make my name at a company that so monotonously disregards skill and hard work.

There use to be a structure bonus and pay grade evaluation annually, but recent laws have come into effect that inhibit "in-scope" workers at proprietary (for-profit) colleges. These changes removed incentives and bonuses from the Admission and Financial Aid departments as it was seen as incentive to use illegal recruiting techniques and cutting corners in financial aid process... Basically whether you are great or lousy at your job you get paid and rewarded the same way. The year I started, the company RE-instituted a company wide 3% pay raise, which wasn't the worse thing ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementCampus level management was great, Former Director and current Director are fantastic people and couldn't ask for a better team to work with. Campus President is an awesome guy who makes a point to talk to everyone and get to know EVERYONE on the campus!!!

Corporate: think before you act. Several changes were made to centralize certain processed of jobs around campus. This generally was a simple change that had a catastrophic effect downhill from where they were sitting.

This one time they had us audit all 1,600 student files to make sure authorization page was in all of them and to make sure it matched what the system showed, however did not tell us what this was for.

Awful company. Don't do it.

Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institute of Seattle full-time

Pros: Interesting people who work there, and great kids. Cons: Terrible management, insulting, numbers driven. Advice to Senior Management: Treat your people with more respect. More

Good for awhile, but you quickly realize it is not about the students, no matter what corporate says.

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Art Institute of Seattle part-time for more than a year

Pros: The people who work here are excellent. The students produce… Cons: Low pay in comparison to local colleges. The school repeatedly cuts programs or classes (most of the time both) for… Advice to Senior Management: Focus of the students, increase programs for faculty, and include… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Art Institute of Seattle.

Worked for The Art Institute of Seattle? Contribute to the Community!