There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)

Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Nashville, TN

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

The company allows you to be you. It's a open community for GLBT. The pay is very competitive and the benefits are great.

Cons

The job is not for someone married or with children. The sales side of it makes it very challenging to do a quality job.

Listen to your employees more. Take in to account the things we are unhappy about and try to make accomodations.

reviews filtered by

Prepare to not have a life...

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, some really great people to work with, and free food on occasion. Fantastic professors and loved the staff in other departments.

Cons

Wow...where to even start. You can't take any vacation on black listed weeks, and there are a lot of them. Management fed applications to specific people in order to make it look like you needed to work harder. There was unfair treatment of various genders in the work place. I was admonished for wearing red lipstick to work and another co-worker was told he needed to get rid of his facial hair. I felt like there was always some sort of mind game going on and not a realistic view of the students' ability to pay back tuition of that magnitute in a manner that was true to life.

Stop treating your employees like numbers and those ridiculous reports you fill out every day are not a good idea. I don't see where showing that I made 120 phone calls in one day amounts to much if you are giving out old lists of inquiries. Especially when half the numbers were disconnected.

challenging

Current Employee - Instructor in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

They don't micromanage. That's about it.

Cons

The overseeing company is increasingly devaluing of our contributions systematically removing our benefits and masking these changes in the worst kind of HR Orwellian double-speak that they must think we're too dim to see through.

Value us with respectful and appropriate compensation. Sticking it to us in hard times is a clear message that we're on our own and you don't care about us. If that's the case, don't expect loyalty or for us to go the extra mile.

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)