There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)

Below Average

Current Employee - Full Time Instructor in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Full Time Instructor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

Flexible schedule
good health benefits
great students who arent highlighted or showcased

Cons

No planning for future work assignments
Performance reviews always late (6 months or more)
No advancement in current department/role

lack of sense of urgency
late of accountability across the board from management to faculty
lack of standards
lack of communication
lack of attention to detail

reviews filtered by

Micromanaging group of profit-seeking managers make your experience miserable

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Houston, TX

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

The pay is decent. The benefits and paid time off are good. The work is really simple. You do the same thing over and over again with little to no variation. Good opps for overtime pay.

Cons

40 Assisant Directors in the Houston branch, and in one calendar year, 30 quit or were fired. They micromanage you by the minute. If you cannot figure out how to break their system of profit-seeking enrollment methods, you will be miserable. I was fortunate to be very good at the work, so I was left alone. Others I worked with left every day emotionally broken down. The hours are terrible (late evenings, Saturdays). Again, 28 people quit or were fired out of the 40 ADAs at AIH. I know you may be desperate for work (like I was), but save yourself the headache and work elsewhere for a few months and wait for something better. People that had been there for more than a few years ended up in the hospital due to work-related stress.

Horrible place to work-they treat their people badly

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Portland, OR

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ)

Pros

working with fun and artistic students

Cons

The job requirements for meeting admissions goals was unrealistically high and the management was rude and unprofessional. The salary for this role is very low as it is basically a sales job without the sales pay and commissions.

My manager treated her team horribly and was very unprofessional. All she cared about was hitting her numbers at all costs and that came back at her team with a vengence.

I would not recommend working at the Art Institute of Portland. Other cities may be fine, but the Portland office was a nightmare to work at.

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)