The Art Institutes (HQ)

www.artinstitutes.edu
  www.artinstitutes.edu
There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)

It seems like a great job at first......

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to the art scene in your community, interesting artistic professionals, students, and instructors.

Cons

Every minute of your day is micro-managed and then reported in multiple emails to the entire team, and President of the school, several times a day. All that they care about is applications, and how many students start- in other words....money. There is NO morality in terms of who they will accept - if the student is willing to take out $100,000 in loans, then they will accept them and force you to find SOME distant relative who loves this brainwashed student enough to co-sign for them. I actually feel sick when I think about how many students I enrolled, following my training from Ai, and who will never be able to pay off the loans they have signed up for under my guidance. For a while, we had a really solid Admissions team, President and Dean- but Corporate has ruined that atmosphere- driving nearly everyone away from the school and creating an aggressive churn-and-burn environment. Work here at your own risk. The starting salary seems great, but you'll quickly realize that it's not worth it.

Not worth the effort of offering advice. This company is so saturated with the most obnoxiously toxic and ignorant corporate kool-aid, that there is no advice that will resonate with anyone in "management."

116 Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ) (View Most Recent)

Admissions

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tuition Assistance, Working with Students and Faculty, Flex Time, good pay

Cons

Extended hours of work ( till 8 two nights a week), Saturday hours (9-5), lack of advancement opportunities, no support from other departments, sales job for an expensive education

Fulfilling job helping youth in college selection..

Current Employee - HSR
    Current Employee - HSR

I have been working at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time

Pros

Independent, engaging, team, freedom, enjoyable

Cons

Micro management at times, numbers game

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)