The Art Institutes (HQ)

www.artinstitutes.edu
  www.artinstitutes.edu
There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)

Unethical work environment

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers that worked hard!

Cons

Set unrealistic sales goals, management will pressure you into enrolling students and question every thing you do to save students to attending the school. Micromanages you and has black out dates to optimize on enrolling as many students as possible.

Trust your employees, please stop harassing certain individuals. Practice what you preach.

111 Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ) (View Most Recent)

Faculty are not held in respect

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ) part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Conventional online teaching position, using eCollege and with about 20 students per class, daily discussions and some grading to be done. Flexible hours, work at home.

Cons

Management is unprofessional. I was routinely offered classes to teach on 36 hours notice (often a new class I had never taught before and did not have the materials for). After I turned down such a teaching offer, I was asked by my faculty manager to formally resign as I did not have the right "attitude".

To remember that faculty are the front line with students.

It seems like a great job at first......

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I worked at The Art Institutes (HQ) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to the art scene in your community, interesting artistic professionals, students, and instructors.

Cons

Every minute of your day is micro-managed and then reported in multiple emails to the entire team, and President of the school, several times a day. All that they care about is applications, and how many students start- in other words....money. There is NO morality in terms of who they will accept - if the student is willing to take out $100,000 in loans, then they will accept them and force you to find SOME distant relative who loves this brainwashed student enough to co-sign for them. I actually feel sick when I think about how many students I enrolled, following my training from Ai, and who will never be able to pay off the loans they have signed up for under my guidance. For a while, we had a really solid Admissions team, President and Dean- but Corporate has ruined that atmosphere- driving nearly everyone away from the school and creating an aggressive churn-and-burn environment. Work here at your own risk. The starting salary seems great, but you'll quickly realize that it's not worth it.

Not worth the effort of offering advice. This company is so saturated with the most obnoxiously toxic and ignorant corporate kool-aid, that there is no advice that will resonate with anyone in "management."

There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes (HQ)