There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes

A decent employer on-campus that offers a nice supplement to income

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at The Art Institutes part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- on-campus - flexible schedule - great staff The supply store at the Art Institute of Seattle (where I was employed) was a great job, and definitely a nice change of pace from just going to school and going home to work on homework every day.

Cons

- Not many hours - No benefits Sadly, we were only ever given around 10 hours a week. Nowhere NEAR enough to live off of, and no real benefits to speak of.

Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institutes

1. OK place for teaching part-time

Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Houston, TX
    Current Contractor - Adjunct Instructor in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Art Institutes as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy quite a bit of freedom as to how I teach and grade. Students are motivated but often under prepared. Facilities are new and colleagues are friendly. School goes by quarter system so I get to refine the syllabus every 12 weeks. There is free parking and can contribute to 401K.

Cons

Like any adjunct teaching, there is not enough money if you rely only on this income. They can cut class any time. There is no office for instructors, just cubicles, which most part-time instructors don't even bother to visit. It's quite hard to feel like you are part of the team when you just go and teach your classes and leave.

2. working in a library as a student assistant is great!

Former Employee - Assistant Librarian in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Librarian in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at The Art Institutes part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Flexible hours - Friendly staff - All the food areas are nearby - you get student discount on their store - you have all the best sources in school - work both PC and Macs - you can bring your own laptop

Cons

- start on minimum wage but you'll get a raise in a year - not enough hours

Advice to Management

Wish there was a live chat for students who needed help for assistance, other than calling from a phone, like a tech support or something.