There are newer employer reviews for The Art Institutes

It seems like a great job at first......

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions
Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions

I worked at The Art Institutes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to the art scene in your community, interesting artistic professionals, students, and instructors.

Cons

Every minute of your day is micro-managed and then reported in multiple emails to the entire team, and President of the school, several times a day. All that they care about is applications, and how many students start- in other words....money. There is NO morality in terms of who they will accept - if the student is willing to take out $100,000 in loans, then they will accept them and force you to find SOME distant relative who loves this brainwashed student enough to co-sign for them. I actually feel sick when I think about how many students I enrolled, following my training from Ai, and who will never be able to pay off the loans they have signed up for under my guidance. For a while, we had a really solid Admissions team, President and Dean- but Corporate has ruined that atmosphere- driving nearly everyone away from the school and creating an aggressive churn-and-burn environment. Work here at your own risk. The starting salary seems great, but you'll quickly realize that it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Not worth the effort of offering advice. This company is so saturated with the most obnoxiously toxic and ignorant corporate kool-aid, that there is no advice that will resonate with anyone in "management."

Other Employee Reviews for The Art Institutes

1. read above

I have been working at The Art Institutes full-time

Pros

managers are great as people but not as managers

Cons

phone calls, hudles, meetings, numbers driven...

Advice to Management

stop doing the exact same thing, while expecting different results

2. Difficult company to feel good about working for

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Austin, TX

I worked at The Art Institutes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting pay and benefits are good, schedule is good, it's fun to get to know the students

Cons

Poor management, difficult product to feel good about selling - company is aggressive and predatory to potential students- especially those from low incomes who may qualify for the most grant/loan money. $80-100k for a so-so education plus the promise of being in debt for the rest of your life is a difficult sell.

Advice to Management

n/a