Art Institute of Ohio - Cincinnati

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at The Art Institutes

Pros

AI is a good place to work. Competent and professional management, great support, up-to-date equipment and facilities. Management is very supportive of the faculty and staff.

Cons

The problem common to all proprietary education - the admission of some under-qualified students who simply shouldn't be in college.

Advice to Management

I believe you're doing a pretty good job. The faculty is competent and engaged, the administration seems to have a better-than-average concern for student progress. I'm glad I work here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Revolving Door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Art Institutes

Pros

Education is a beneficial career field

Cons

Lack of appreciation--day-to-day Favoritism is rampant It seems that the longer an employee works for the company, the less he/she is appreciated Whatever an Admissions Representative is able to achieve--it is never enough

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff--they are responsible for your bonuses.

2. Pay is not worth the stress

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Dallas, TX

I worked at The Art Institutes

Pros

Great benefits, liked most of my coworkers, School itself is awesome. Faculty and educational offerings are amazing. Everyone other than Admissions department is happy to be there. I love the idea of this job - but absolutely hated it by the time i left.

Cons

Pay and hours were not at all what I was told when I was hired. They seriously over-promised on advancement opportunities and raises. Unrealistic sales goals. Lots of catty women in the department. Incompetent management. Double standards. People who the directors liked got preferential treatment, and if they didn't like you they made your life hell. Poor use of time. Meetings about meetings about meetings, and then several emails from different people about the content of the meetings. Micromanagement.

Advice to Management

You have to give respect to your employees to earn their respect. Hire and/or promote people with ACTUAL management skills.