The Asia Foundation
www.asiafoundation.org San Francisco, CA 500 to 999 Employees

My colleagues were very friendly and helpful, but the salary was a bit low.

Consultancy (Former Employee)
Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsThe working environment was great. The causes that The Asia Foundation works for are very crucial. SO I gained a lot of job satisfaction during my contract period. The management is efficient so I had no trouble with anything, it was over all a very good experience.

ConsI worked for The Asia Foundation for an independent contract. I had to write a report on a tow-day long conference held at their Dhaka office. It was a great learning experience and the working environment was very good, but in my opinion the salary for the job was a bit low. My expectation was that they would pay me at least $10 per hour, but the pay was around $8.5 per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo settle the payment issues in detail before beginning the work so the employer is well aware what to expect and have the opportunity to negotiate if s/he wishes to do so.

Experience varies depending on department

I have been working at The Asia Foundation

Pros: -Great work and mission -Friendly, smart, dedicated coworkers -Interesting events and opportunities… Cons: -Travel assignments routinely delegated to the same people, though the skill sets required are not unique to them. This leaves some people travel-weary while others… Advice to Senior Management: Some people are extremely stressed and overworked while others are desperate for more responsibilities and opportunities.… More

Great growth experience for young professionals in other fields

(Former Employee)
    Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I worked at The Asia Foundation

Pros: Very flexible work environment, exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and… Cons: Desperate need for more staff, especially if the office is to achieve… Advice to Senior Management: There's a good plan in place, but the staffing constraints could really derail everything... if I were to offer… More
There are newer reviews on The Asia Foundation.

Worked for The Asia Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Asia Foundation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Asia Foundation CEO David D. Arnold. All reviews posted anonymously by The Asia Foundation employees.