The Berry Company

www.theberrycompany.com

Warning: Very negative environment

OUTSIDE SALES (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsI think it's great that a sales rep has the potential to make decent money in Rochester, NY with the Berry Company; if you love to cold call and can sell through the common objections listed below.

ConsThe outside sales position at the Berry Company is broken down into two parts. 25% working with existing clients who are yellow page / Frontier page advertisers and 75% telemarketing with no inbound calls (unless an existing customer is calling to cancel). The outside sales position requires the rep to make 50 cold call dial outs per day (call reports are sent out 3+ times per day to verify). Every call will be recorded and randomly reviewed by your manager for critique.
Most business owners have strong objections to working with the Berry Company due to their reputation of poor customer service and accounting. I will list a few examples below:
     In 2011 there was a glitch in the billing system that double billed almost all of Berry's clients in Rochester. Many of the clients did not pay the increased, erroneous charges and were sent to collections. They are still trying to fix the issues and have lost many loyal customers.
     Several years ago they moved the yellow page production factory to the Dominican Republic. The language and communication barriers have caused many errors such as wrong spelling of business names and listing the wrong phone numbers. In many cases I have found the customers to still be responsible to pay for the ads.
     The company has been trying to reinvent itself as a cutting edge, innovative, online marketing provider. However, it provides none of its own services thus far. They only resell online products that other companies build/provide. Therefore, once again lies a huge barrier in communication leading to many errors and horrible customer service.
     I think it's great that a sales rep has the potential to make decent money in Rochester, NY with the Berry Company; if you love to cold call and can sell through the common objections. Although, if you have a family to provide for I wouldn't recommend throwing your eggs in this basket. You will start getting job threats by your manager after the first month if you haven't met quota.
If you are tough and bold enough to do this job then there are a dozen or more other stable employers that would love to hire you.

Great for someone who is out of college to get some experience

Local Leads Expert (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time

Pros: Management seems to care about you, along with knowing who you are by name. And so far… Cons: Pay is awful after you are off training pay. Even if you work real hard while in training. You're… Advice to Senior Management: Better pay. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great People

Network Administrator (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company is turning around. IT coming more inline with modern… Cons: The quality of outsourced work is lacking. Vendors consistently not… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to subordinates. Reward them accordingly Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Berry Company.

Worked for The Berry Company? Contribute to the Community!