The Berry Company

www.theberrycompany.com

Great culture and moving in right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Still doing print but moving in the right direction with digital advertising, good compensation, good company, good benefits, 8 weeks of sales training

Cons

Managers need more developing, not enough lower level employee buy-in on direction of company

I believe a program needs to be put in place that will allow development of managers and those that desire to move into management. Purchasing Talus starts to move us from using third party vendors but more needs to be done (moving in right direction though). Listen to your employee's they are your greatest asset and know what is working and what is not. I would say 90% of them love working here and getting their input and making them feel like a part of the solution will lead to greater success.

Other Reviews for The Berry Company

Started good went downhill to turning into a corrupt location lacking in integrity at management an rep levels.

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in High Point, NC

I worked at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

Started off fine at the Berry company. Great training program and trainer for first 8 weeks. Inside sales - rarely had a manager present my first few months on the job - so no micro management or management. Some managers don't care how many hours you work or when you show up or leave - so you can get paid for a lot of unworked hours.

Cons

Encouraged to do whatever it took to get sales. 40-50% of reps were cheating just to make unrealistic quotas. Systems don't work well. Outsourced work to Dominican Rep, India and the customers have suffered from poor service. Use vendors for all online products so there is little accountability to get it right for clients. Very little integrity in High Point management. Bully tactics applied to reps they don't like or get along with.

Clean house in High Point - everyone there is afraid to speak up for fear of retribution from 1st level and division heads.

The Berry Company Response

Dec 30, 2013Director, HR & Recruiting

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience while working as a sales rep at The Berry Company. As you mentioned, we do offer exceptional benefits, which includes an in-depth new hire ... More

Dying product managed by people with serious lack of professionalism

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get your paycheck every other Friday.

Cons

- Middle management - These individuals only hold their positions because they work there long enough. They would not survive in a professional environment.

- Office space - When you first walk-in you think they are going out of business next week. Broken chairs all over the place, several empty cubicles, disgusting meeting room, there is trailer park across street, reception with no receptionist, large garbage cans hanging by your desk, filthy ceiling, I can go on here for hours.

- Cheap - Since those guys just came out of bankruptcy they are cheap. You can barely find coffee and water in their kitchen. Office furniture is outdated and falling apart.

- Dayton - If you know Dayton you know what I am talking about. High unemployment, crime is high everywhere, lots of empty buildings, ugly, close minded people, extremely racist, drugs and prostitution, dangerous downtown.

- Lack of integrity - I heard myself several times how sales reps lie to customers about products and prices. They have about 500 BBB complaints regarding dishonesty of their sales reps and their awful products and service. I heard this from a Sr. Manager "Buyers are liars" Really!? Is this what you think about your customers?

- Dying product - Please be honest. When was the last time you looked at the Yellow Pages? They also sell poorly designed websites. Try to find some of their work online and you will know what I am talking about. Their own website is a shame, no further comments.

- No identity - I don't know what is their real name. L.M Berry? The Berry Company? Berry? This is a small sample of how bad they are lost. I think they should be named something like L.M Joke

Keep doing what you are doing. You will be doing a favor for honest business owners around this country by going bankrupt again.

The Berry Company Response

Dec 19, 2013Director, HR & Recruiting

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a good experience while working at The Berry Company. It's our goal to make working at Berry an enjoyable and rewarding experience for all employees ... More

There are newer employer reviews for The Berry Company.

Worked for The Berry Company? Contribute to the Community!