The Body Shop
www.thebodyshop.com London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work at and learn from

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking here makes me feel like I'm doing something good because of the values we uphold for communities, human rights, and the environment. Upper management takes care of their employees fairly, depending on how much the employee contributes to the team. Schedules are flexible, employee discount very generous altho its still more rewarding to be a love your body member. While most locations try to offer exceptional customer service, not all stores are accommodating or bother to connect with customers.

ConsJust not a lot of full time positions available, most employees are pt, so while it can be a great place to start at while youre still single, there's not a lot of options for those with dependents.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore hours could keep your employees from considering other options.

It was ultimately a great learning tool on my career path

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at The Body Shop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great product, teaches you how to provide great customer service,… Cons: Company was going through a difficult growth period in which many managers were let go during… Advice to Senior Management: Ive heard since my departure the company has rebounded and really turned a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fun, but they need to work on customer service.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Body Shop part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fun store, very laid back, products are good quality and sell themselves . Everyone i work with is very nice and its a non-competitive atmosphere.… Cons: Their standards and approach to customer service is sub-par. They expect you to practically hound a customer who might be "Just looking" and they tend… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe dial down a little on how hard you want you associates to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Body Shop.

Worked for The Body Shop? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Body Shop reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Body Shop CEO Sophie Gasperment. All reviews posted anonymously by The Body Shop employees.