There are newer employer reviews for The Body Shop

The body shopprovided a professional, yet understanding and respectful work environment.

Former Employee - Sales Leader in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at The Body Shop

Pros

The company was founded on great values and it works with various organizations that promote human rights. Many ingredients in their product are natural and community trade.

Cons

The body shop is a great place to work. I'm just not sure that their is much position mobility in the sense of promotions to a higher level. I don't think it is possible to make a career at the Body Shop.

Advice to Management

I understand that the body shop is now under new management since I last worked there and I do not know anything about them. I just hope they are keeping up the mission of the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Part Time Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Body Shop

Pros

Great discount, great product, great room for promotions.

Cons

Low pay, not great compensation.

Advice to Management

Great upper management, more flexibility with weekend schedules.

Not the same company I had fallen in love with

Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at The Body Shop

Pros

- 40% Discount on products
    - Decent Benefits ( Includes: dental, tuition reimbursement, quarterly bonus, etc)
    - If your DSM is knowledgeable, you receive an unbelievable training experience, a great level of communication ( future promotions, upcoming changes, available positions in upper management, etc. ), communication between other store managers in your district ( often discussed trading employees to create a better fit, advice on problems in store, etc.)
    - An achievable bonus

Cons

- A DSM can make or break the experience.

-HR follow through is not consistent. Meaning if you have a new hire/w2/etc. problem prepare to be on the phone for days, even weeks

- Your salary is pretty low. When I say low I mean high 20k - low 30k on average for store managers, 9-12 an hr for full time assistant managers, 8-9 an hr for part time managers, and minimum wage for sales associates. Its hard to get the sales team that the company expects when the pay isn't very appealing.

Advice to Management

Bring back the area manager position. Some stores need more guidance than others and a DSM may not be able to provide ( distance, time, etc).

Hire DSMs that know what they are doing. Whether promoting from within or bringing in someone from the outside, a DSM that is rude, clueless, or not encouraging can make your company lose some of its best employees. ( MY District lost 5 amazing store managers)