The Breakaway Group

www.thebreakawaygroup.com
  www.thebreakawaygroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Breakaway Group

Great people, great culture, fast-paced industry

Current Employee - Instructional Writer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Instructional Writer in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Breakaway Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part about working at TBG is the people. Everyone is smart, friendly, and eager to help out. Employees often talk about each other as family rather than co-workers. The company promise, to leave more than you take, is embodied in each of its employees. TBG also focuses on fostering a healthy culture, with annual healthy challenges and a bright new office space designed to encourage collaboration.

Healthcare technology is an industry with constant growth and change. TBG is at the forefront of this change with a unique approach to IT adoption that is supported by years of research and successful go lives.

Cons

Due to the nature of EHR implementation, most projects have short deadlines and ever-changing timelines that can be difficult to manage. Employees must be able to adapt to days with little client work followed by a rush to meet deadlines for go live.

Work can be repetitive, and it sometimes seems like there is little room for employee growth or movement within the organization.

As the company becomes more integrated with Xerox, it feels as though some of its unique culture is being lost.

Clearer communication of opportunities for employees to improve both within and outside of their roles.

Bring back more fun events to revive company culture and positive morale

16 Other Employee Reviews for The Breakaway Group (View Most Recent)

A very good place to work!

Current Employee - Instructional Writer in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Instructional Writer in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at The Breakaway Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The reasons I enjoy working for TBG:
    *The culture: we promote a "healthy" culture that encourages and rewards employees for exercising, eating healthy, and doing good things for the community.
    *The office: a beautiful, professionally designed work space where nearly everyone has a view out the window at the mountains or the DTC area.
    *The opportunities: as a small, but growing company, there are opportunities to grow and be challenged. This was not always the case, but management is now starting to realize the talent that exists within the workforce and they are encouraging people to stretch themselves.
    *The CEO: The managing director, Dr. Heather Haugen, is down-to-earth and connected with the employees. She responds to emails, knows everyone (80+ people) by name, and personally (as in, walks over to your desk) congratulates or offers condolances to employees when circumstances arise.
    *The Promise: The TBG "Promise" to "leave more than we take" permeates everything we do. It is more than a trite motto written on the wall; it is a real company value that people take seriously.

Cons

Because we are "governed" by Xerox, some policies and procedures are a bit cumbersome and outdated. The time off and sick policies are awkward (can't take sick hours, only whole days, for example) and not very generous. However, management works with you as much as possible to help. The pay is average.

Keep listening to the employees and keep giving us opportunities to use the talents we bring to better the company.

Motivation Required

Current Employee - Client Facing in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Client Facing in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at The Breakaway Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People listen, we have an open-door policy, I feel like my opinion matters, I've also seen and experienced room for advancement - takes motivation!

Cons

We make clients a priority and no day is never the same as another. Challenging, yes. Learning opportunity with our workload - yes.

When we have time to plan and meet with everyone it's great. Client work and challenges can push things to the side and I wish that didn't have to happen.

There are newer employer reviews for The Breakaway Group