The Breakers

Fun place to live and work in Long Beach, CA

Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA
Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA

I worked at The Breakers

Pros

The beautiful building, the size of apartments, the people that live there and work there.
We care about the residents and it shows by what people say about us. Please try to keep the maintenance of this old building ongoing so we don't have any trouble like we did a long time ago.

Cons

It is a very big building to walk around in and some say there are ghosts from the old time movie stars at nighttime. We sometimes have to pay for our meals but they are very big and also very good. Once in awhile we get called away for an emergency but then our food gets cold.

Hire only the best managers and cooks, that is what keeps our residents happy. We know what it takes to provide good care and to keep our residents healthy. Thank you for our parties and how you are always so kind to us when you see us.

23 Other Employee Reviews for The Breakers (View Most Recent)

A great place to start a career the wrong place when you are in the middle.

Former Employee - No Longer Work With Them in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - No Longer Work With Them in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at The Breakers

Pros

The Breakers is a hospitality machine. Great training great people working there. Any one can lear form working with thee great staff

Cons

The guests are the absolute worst. The members are rude and openly hostile to any one that is inferior to them.(This means every one)
    Cost of living is so high and quality of life is so poor living in the west pal area is miserable. You simply do not make enough money to live a good life style. The good life style is there but as an assistant manager you can not afford to participate. Where ever you are in your career you must take a step down when working there and it is very hard to climb to the top.

You are great unfortunately the economics of the area prohibit any one with experience form sacrificing there quality of life to work with you

Great employer

Current Employee - Training Server in Palm Beach (Algeria)
    Current Employee - Training Server in Palm Beach (Algeria)

I have been working at The Breakers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, good company structure, job security, flexibility within job, willing to transfer between departments if not satisfied. Great family owned and operated company, team atmosphere. Beautiful location. Great opportunities for furthering your career. Volunteer work.

Cons

When dealing with problems with fellow employees or upper management, will find defiance from Human Resources or higher up management. Do not follow through with complaints or issues. Must have repeated complaints and from different people. Takes a long time to make decent money when moving into management.

Quicker response when dealing with issues. Too much red tape when having things approved. More recognition for those putting in time and effort and doing a good job.

There are newer employer reviews for The Breakers