The Breakers

Lifeguard at the Breakers, Palm Beach, FL

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Palm Beach, FL
Former Employee - Lifeguard in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at The Breakers

Pros

The Breakers has an excellent employee orientation. Two weeks before starting with the Breakers, employees go through a rigorous training program, which helps in communicating with high end customers, in addition to giving knowledge about the history of the Breakers. As a lifeguard, the Breakers will make sure to keep your training up to date. They also give more than enough time each morning for workouts, and are able to use the amazingly nice resort showers to get ready for the day. Each morning, there is also a team meeting, so everyone is always in the loop about what is going on.
The Breakers also offers an employee weekend, where employees can enjoy the resort at discounted prices.

Cons

The only downside was that you were not able to stand up for yourself when enforcing rules. It all had to be diplomatically done, meaning if a patron had a problem with "no running" rules, you had to call the manager to handle it. Downside to that - the manager didn't always come, leaving you in the dust.

When an employee needs your assistance - come. Don't say you will be there in a minute and never show up. It makes you feel worthless and leaves you to be hounded by the unhappy patron.

23 Other Employee Reviews for The Breakers (View Most Recent)

For those pursuing a career in hospitality the breakers is a great company to work for regardless of position

Former Employee - Tennis Operations in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Tennis Operations in Palm Beach, FL

I worked at The Breakers

Pros

your voice mattered
    benefits for hourly positions
    parking
    health fairs
    management actually cares about hourly employees, they realize if they are happy company will succeed

Cons

expensive to live in Palm beach county

increase hourly wages with cost of living expenses

Fun place to live and work in Long Beach, CA

Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Nurse in Long Beach, CA

I worked at The Breakers

Pros

The beautiful building, the size of apartments, the people that live there and work there.
    We care about the residents and it shows by what people say about us. Please try to keep the maintenance of this old building ongoing so we don't have any trouble like we did a long time ago.

Cons

It is a very big building to walk around in and some say there are ghosts from the old time movie stars at nighttime. We sometimes have to pay for our meals but they are very big and also very good. Once in awhile we get called away for an emergency but then our food gets cold.

Hire only the best managers and cooks, that is what keeps our residents happy. We know what it takes to provide good care and to keep our residents healthy. Thank you for our parties and how you are always so kind to us when you see us.

There are newer employer reviews for The Breakers