The Breakers

www.thebreakers.com

Lifeguard at the Breakers, Palm Beach, FL

Lifeguard (Former Employee) Palm Beach, FL

ProsThe Breakers has an excellent employee orientation. Two weeks before starting with the Breakers, employees go through a rigorous training program, which helps in communicating with high end customers, in addition to giving knowledge about the history of the Breakers. As a lifeguard, the Breakers will make sure to keep your training up to date. They also give more than enough time each morning for workouts, and are able to use the amazingly nice resort showers to get ready for the day. Each morning, there is also a team meeting, so everyone is always in the loop about what is going on.
The Breakers also offers an employee weekend, where employees can enjoy the resort at discounted prices.

ConsThe only downside was that you were not able to stand up for yourself when enforcing rules. It all had to be diplomatically done, meaning if a patron had a problem with "no running" rules, you had to call the manager to handle it. Downside to that - the manager didn't always come, leaving you in the dust.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen an employee needs your assistance - come. Don't say you will be there in a minute and never show up. It makes you feel worthless and leaves you to be hounded by the unhappy patron.

For those pursuing a career in hospitality the breakers is a great company to work for regardless of position

Tennis Operations (Former Employee) Palm Beach, FL

I worked at The Breakers

Pros: your voice mattered benefits for hourly positions parking health fairs management actually cares about… Cons: expensive to live in Palm beach county Advice to Senior Management: increase hourly wages with cost of living expenses Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fun place to live and work in Long Beach, CA

Nurse (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

I worked at The Breakers

Pros: The beautiful building, the size of apartments, the people that live there and work there. We care about the residents and it shows by what people… Cons: It is a very big building to walk around in and some say there are ghosts from the old time movie stars at nighttime. … Advice to Senior Management: Hire only the best managers and cooks, that is what keeps our residents happy. We know what it takes to provide good care… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Breakers.

Worked for The Breakers? Contribute to the Community!