The Brick

www.thebrick.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Brick

A good place to work, if you like to work hard.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at The Brick

Pros

I am a home delivery driver, and we get paid very well for what we do. We have a very good benefit program, staff purchase privileges and generous holiday program. Our uniforms and safety shoes are provided, including gloves and winter jackets, and shorts in the summer.there is a defined contribution pension program to which the Brick contributes fifty or more ( depending on length of service) per cent of employee contributions.

Cons

The work is very strenuous, delivering furniture and appliances by hand to people's homes. Dealing with customer complaints while actually on their home, and bearing the brunt of mistakes by sales staff and customer service staff can make for some stressful days. Also, we sometimes have issues with not enough equipment, truck and dollies, etc.

Since the company went public there has been more emphasis on paying dividends and less on customer service and employee satisfaction, both of which have been very important to the company's success in the past. Also, most of our stock now comes from China or other parts of Asia, if we sold more Canadian made furniture, it might be a selling point, even if it is a bit more expensive.

47 Other Employee Reviews for The Brick (View Most Recent)

My time at the Brick in Fort McMurray. Please understand no other "Brick Warehouse" is like the one in Fort McMurray.

Current Employee - Sales in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Brick

Pros

Great commission sales in Fort McMurray
    Easy and laid-back Job
    The sales make themselves (only in Fort McMurray)

Cons

Sharing commission sales when someone else takes your client
    The tension of making commissions

Its a good place to work.

It was a pleasant working environment with very friendly, helpful staff.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at The Brick part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was able to gain a lot of knowledge in the furniture industry and also in interior design. Working for the Brick allowed me the opportunity to strengthen my skill set such as handling large amounts of cash, and It familiarized me with the process of creating bank deposit slips. This job also gave me the opportunity to build excellent rapports with every customer that gave me the satisfaction and assurance of knowing I provided each individual with optimal service.

Cons

I found I was not getting enough hours and we were never provided with the necessary staples(pens/sticky notes,workable staplers etc.). This put more pressure on us as we were running around the office in hopes to find these things. Also training was very limited, resulting in aggravation implemented on fellow employees as they had to train new recruiters on top of their already busy work day. Communication needed some work, especially on the manager's part. In addition, I felt as though Brick employees with authority did whatever they could to avoid confrontation, leaving the customer confused and angry.

My advice to management would be to focus not just solely 90% on sales, leaving only 10% on Customer Service. They should work on the organization of monthly target layouts and incorporate more focus on how we service the customer once they have the product in their home.

There are newer employer reviews for The Brick