There are newer employer reviews for The Brick

An average place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

If you are good in sales...you can make decent pay...i average about 50k annually. benefits are ok employee discount is good.

Cons

if you are not a good sales person..this is not the place for you, its fully commissioned. politics in management and favouritism. No pay for training, and force you to go on your off day for training. Management sucks.

Advice to Management

stop favouritism, be honest about employee benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for The Brick

1. A good place to work, if you like to work hard.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

I am a home delivery driver, and we get paid very well for what we do. We have a very good benefit program, staff purchase privileges and generous holiday program. Our uniforms and safety shoes are provided, including gloves and winter jackets, and shorts in the summer.there is a defined contribution pension program to which the Brick contributes fifty or more ( depending on length of service) per cent of employee contributions.

Cons

The work is very strenuous, delivering furniture and appliances by hand to people's homes. Dealing with customer complaints while actually on their home, and bearing the brunt of mistakes by sales staff and customer service staff can make for some stressful days. Also, we sometimes have issues with not enough equipment, truck and dollies, etc.

Advice to Management

Since the company went public there has been more emphasis on paying dividends and less on customer service and employee satisfaction, both of which have been very important to the company's success in the past. Also, most of our stock now comes from China or other parts of Asia, if we sold more Canadian made furniture, it might be a selling point, even if it is a bit more expensive.

2. My time at the Brick in Fort McMurray. Please understand no other "Brick Warehouse" is like the one in Fort McMurray.

Current Employee - Sales in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Pros

Great commission sales in Fort McMurray Easy and laid-back Job The sales make themselves (only in Fort McMurray)

Cons

Sharing commission sales when someone else takes your client The tension of making commissions

Advice to Management

Its a good place to work.