The Brick

www.thebrick.com
  www.thebrick.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Brick

Terrible management with no vision or culture.

Current Employee - Delivery Services in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Delivery Services in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Brick

Pros

-The pay is OK.
-Sadly that is it.
-New CEO may change this disaster around enough.

Cons

-Too much work.
-Management simply evolves from lower level positions throughout the years.
-Absolutely zero leadership.

Fire most of yourselves as you are essentially incompetent. Stop simply promoting internally. Hire talent from outside the company with valid credentials and leadership skills. The culture (if there is any) that currently exists in the company is 'do you job good enough to get by'. Almost no one in the company wants the company to succeed, all they want is to stay under the radar and keep the pay coming. This ranges from front-line worker to middle management. The upper management is stale, very stale. These people have been with the company for 30 years and simply do not have sweet clue about how to manage and run a business.

I hope that Mr. Gregson realizes that the people that are surrounding him are incompetent and changes the situation around.

44 Other Employee Reviews for The Brick (View Most Recent)

An average place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Brick

Pros

If you are good in sales...you can make decent pay...i average about 50k annually.
    benefits are ok
    employee discount is good.

Cons

if you are not a good sales person..this is not the place for you, its fully commissioned.
    politics in management and favouritism.
    No pay for training, and force you to go on your off day for training.
    Management sucks.

stop favouritism, be honest about employee benefits.

A good place to work, if you like to work hard.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at The Brick

Pros

I am a home delivery driver, and we get paid very well for what we do. We have a very good benefit program, staff purchase privileges and generous holiday program. Our uniforms and safety shoes are provided, including gloves and winter jackets, and shorts in the summer.there is a defined contribution pension program to which the Brick contributes fifty or more ( depending on length of service) per cent of employee contributions.

Cons

The work is very strenuous, delivering furniture and appliances by hand to people's homes. Dealing with customer complaints while actually on their home, and bearing the brunt of mistakes by sales staff and customer service staff can make for some stressful days. Also, we sometimes have issues with not enough equipment, truck and dollies, etc.

Since the company went public there has been more emphasis on paying dividends and less on customer service and employee satisfaction, both of which have been very important to the company's success in the past. Also, most of our stock now comes from China or other parts of Asia, if we sold more Canadian made furniture, it might be a selling point, even if it is a bit more expensive.

There are newer employer reviews for The Brick