The Buckle

no money

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fayetteville, AR
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at The Buckle

Pros

easy job. fold cloths. discounts.

Cons

bug people, pushy. weekly sales goals sometimes hard to acheive.

na

362 Other Employee Reviews for The Buckle (View Most Recent)

Very positive work environment

Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Roseville, MN

I have been working at The Buckle

Pros

Great energy and fun people to work with.

Cons

Minimum wage as a non sales freight worker

Opportunities for raises should be implemented

Very unsatisfying.

Former Employee - Sales Teammate in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Teammate in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at The Buckle

Pros

You can make a lot of commission off of one customer depending on what they buy. Most of my fellow sales associates were very nice, including the assistant managers. The clothes are great and the employee discount was amazing.

Cons

First of all, 3% commission at $4.50 an hour is VERY low in my opinion. The amount of work you have to do in comparison to the pay you recieve does not equal out. I realize this was 2 years ago but still. Also, I was not given the proper training. I was supposed to have the manager complete the role-play training on the floor with me but she got too busy so we never finished. A few days later I sold $800 in jeans to one customer and was talked very rudely to by my manager for not trying to "push" tops, shoes, accessories, etc. I'm sorry, but I just sold 800 bucks of merchandise to this lady and you want me to PUSH for more??? She later apologized but the whole thing was very humiliating. I'm not sure how this works at every store but there were multiple nights in the 3 weeks I worked there that I stayed until 12, 1, or 2 in the morning. 2 in the morning??????? I was in college at the time and had 8am class, and this reason alone was the reason that pushed me to quit, not to mention all the other reasons. One of the reasons why I wanted to work there in the first place was because I was sure I would get out at 11pm at the latest. I felt very uncomfortable at times being pushy with customers and still to this day know people who refuse to go into Buckle because of how pushy the sales people are including myself. I have told everyone I know to stay away from working for Buckle. Like I said, I do not know how it is for everyone else at other stores but my 3 week experience at my store was pretty terrible.

Be more patient with your new teammates, especially if you don't complete all their training with them before throwing them out onto the sales floor.

There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle