The Buckle

www.buckle.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle

Time to shake hands and part ways.

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Sales Lead in Bloomington, MN

I worked at The Buckle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The best thing about working at the Buckle at MOA is that if you are willing to work hard, you will succeed. If you give your best, you will recive the best.
-You can make around 18 bucks an hour during holiday and BTS if you are slightly intelligent, have great people skills, and you understand that time not selling is time wasted.
-The development of leadership skills, sales skills, and people skills is better than going to business school.
- The people that walk through the door are great to network with, which in turn creates easier opportunities for guest loyalty.

Cons

-If there is a day you need off during the busy season, you can forget about it.
-If you need a day off at any other time, you better expect to pay for it in some respect.
-To be the best emplyee, you need to give your life to the company.
-There is such an emphasis on growth, and there is so much pressure to sell, you come to resent the leadership.
- Don't let them SELL you the dream, unless you really want it.
- Leadership will promise you things to keep you there and working hard, but they RARELY follow through with promises. 1 store manager has come out of MOA in 5 years... I have seen 4 MT's leave for other opportunities in the time I was there.

This may be your life, and you might be making bank, but sales teamates don't make anything compared to you. So, don't act like you are the giver of life when you hand us our lower-class level paychecks.

400 Other Employee Reviews for The Buckle (View Most Recent)

Work hard and get an average payoff

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at The Buckle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked here as a part time job in high school. I worked hard to earn my commission which at the time was 4% +$4 an hour. The best part was during the Christmas season I would have customers throwing money at me and I got a 4% commission.

Cons

To make minimum wage at the time one had to sell $100 an hour. This was not easy at first, and sometimes it was luck that determined how much you could sell. There were days that I was not able to sell $100 an hour.

Amazing job!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cedar Hill, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cedar Hill, TX

I have been working at The Buckle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Buckle will develop you as a leader and grow you in all areas! It's an incredible company to work for!
    -customer service skills
    -training one on one with store manager
    -leader meetings to help challenge you
    -great environment!
    -visual merchandising tools and flexibly to express fashion sense

Cons

Due to it being retail, you have to work a LOT of hours (if on management team) and it's commissioned based (unless store manager) so during slow seasons, an extra effort is required to increase paycheck!

There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle