The Buckle
www.buckle.com Kearney, NE 5000+ Employees

Time to shake hands and part ways.

Sales Lead (Former Employee)
Bloomington, MN

Pros-The best thing about working at the Buckle at MOA is that if you are willing to work hard, you will succeed. If you give your best, you will recive the best.
-You can make around 18 bucks an hour during holiday and BTS if you are slightly intelligent, have great people skills, and you understand that time not selling is time wasted.
-The development of leadership skills, sales skills, and people skills is better than going to business school.
- The people that walk through the door are great to network with, which in turn creates easier opportunities for guest loyalty.

Cons-If there is a day you need off during the busy season, you can forget about it.
-If you need a day off at any other time, you better expect to pay for it in some respect.
-To be the best emplyee, you need to give your life to the company.
-There is such an emphasis on growth, and there is so much pressure to sell, you come to resent the leadership.
- Don't let them SELL you the dream, unless you really want it.
- Leadership will promise you things to keep you there and working hard, but they RARELY follow through with promises. 1 store manager has come out of MOA in 5 years... I have seen 4 MT's leave for other opportunities in the time I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis may be your life, and you might be making bank, but sales teamates don't make anything compared to you. So, don't act like you are the giver of life when you hand us our lower-class level paychecks.

Amazing job!

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    Cedar Hill, TX

I have been working at The Buckle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working for Buckle will develop you as a leader and grow you in all areas! It's an incredible company to work for! -customer… Cons: Due to it being retail, you have to work a LOT of hours (if on management team) and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

fun work environment!

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Buckle full-time for more than a year

Pros: -always changing -fast paced - fun - energetic - challenging Cons: - tough love work environment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Buckle.

Worked for The Buckle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Buckle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Buckle CEO Dennis H. Nelson. All reviews posted anonymously by The Buckle employees.