There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle

Amazing opportunity for unlimited earnings

Current Employee - Retail Manager
Current Employee - Retail Manager

I have been working at The Buckle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

8-15% of net profit as a yearly bonus. Competitive annual salary. Ongoing training, quarterly. Average district manager has 23 years of Buckle experience. You can achieve whatever you want if you work hard and utilize the tools.

Cons

As a manager your life is consumed by the store, you get little free time and you are always on call. We have a high turn over and it is hard to offer competitive pay in some markets.

Advice to Management

Give new managers a bigger boost into the community and more training in networking.

Other Employee Reviews for The Buckle

1. Review one

I have been working at The Buckle full-time

Pros

Some of the pros are getting to work in a team environment and getting to do something different every day. Also, the opportunity to grow professionally and the entreprenuership skills you gain from the experience are great.

Cons

Some of the cons would be that retail hours can be long and demanding. Also holidays and weekends always need to be worked.

2. Seasonal Job

I worked at The Buckle part-time

Pros

The offered really good discounts which is one of the main reasons that I started working there. They also offer a commission based on sales to help boost the paycheck a little bit.

Cons

Most of the management that I've dealt with have been younger girls that were given the authority to manage with little to know experience which ends up leading to some serious power trips and drama to deal with.