The Buckle

www.buckle.com
  www.buckle.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle

Does not pay what they say it will!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Buckle

Pros

Great discount and workers compensation package. Benefits can be shared with family and spouse. The atmosphere is friendly to work in and I enjoyed myself working with people there.

Cons

The main thing that bugged me about working here is that you do not make the income they say. I was working a job making 11.50 an hour. When I was being interviewed here, the Manager said that I can easily make 12/hr which is a hourly pay plus commission. The only thing they failed to mention is you need to, on AVERAGE, sell over $1600 in product every 8 hour shift you work. Retails have their slow days in the weekdays so you know you are not making those numbers. Come my first paycheck, after having some great sale dates where I sold more then $2000 in product and averaging highest with my co-workers, my pay was just 7 cents above mininum wage. I left because they lied about the income I would make... You MUST average 1600 or higher on an 8 hour shift to break double digits, just work the math out for yourself! Also remember, you will be working on some hours where you are strictly helping doing inventory and they might pull you back off the floor too. So you will not always be on the sale floor. About 1/3 of your time could be spent in the back or on off hours and these negatively impact your sales as well.

You guys treated me well and you taught a lot of good things about the retail business but even though you put me in the Assistant Manager in Training program, its a shame you had to hide the pay structure from me and not tell me upfront.

364 Other Employee Reviews for The Buckle (View Most Recent)

Fun starting job.

Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Jensen Beach, FL
    Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Jensen Beach, FL

I have been working at The Buckle

Pros

The best reason to work at Buckle is the employee discount you receive, it's 40%. The people are friendly and the work is easy enough.

Cons

The downside of Buckle is that they pay minimum wage if you work in the back and you rely on commission if you work up front.

The management is terrific, they are very personal and are helpful with anything you need. They give great feedback and keep you busy.

It was average.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fayetteville, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fayetteville, AR

I worked at The Buckle

Pros

I loved the people working there and the the employee discount was great!

Cons

the compensation was mainly comission, and no one came in when I worked.

stop making the employees bother the customers so much. its ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle