The Buller Group

Great Employer

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Herndon, VA

I have been working at The Buller Group

Pros

The Buller Group is perhaps one of the best employers I have ever worked for. This is the type of company you could work for your whole life and retire with. As a small to mid sized firm, they take pride in their employees and truly want them to own the company. The management team is fantastic and does a great job securing new contracts and keeping employees working on new and exciting projects. They empower their employees and encourage them to work hard and "move up the ladder". I could not be happier with my experience and how to be a part of this company for a long time.

Cons

There is only one downside that I can see working at The Buller Group which is overall communication in the firm. Many employees get to work from home so there is not a daily interaction and personal communication with your peers. Also, because of this, the main interaction you have with your co-workers is through email. However, Buller Group works hard to organize happy hours and social functions to help build an maintain a traditional workplace comradery.

Keep up the good work! Also, as we grow, don't lose sight of the values and culture that differentiates us from other companies and makes us the best company in the DC-area.

8 Other Employee Reviews for The Buller Group (View Most Recent)

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Assisting Military Operations in Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - Assisting Military Operations in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I worked at The Buller Group (more than a year)

Pros

- You get paid.
    - You get what healthcare benefits they offer

Cons

- They will low-ball you in pay for a position in Afghanistan
    - Horrible communication
    - The company consists of liars, the job was a contract job, yet I was later told it was full-time after nearly 9 months in theatre
    - After a year in Afghanistan, I never once was given the contact information for their supposed Career Transitions Division
    - The company's headquarters in VA will make sure you get to theatre, but they could care less about you once you are there....you will get paid, but their mentality is "Out of sight, out of mind."
    - After my year was complete, I never once had the impression that this company valued the work I did for them
    - This company could care less about my opinions once I expressed my dissatisfaction with their practices

I am guessing all of those 'raters' who gave this company high-marks are the suits and sycophants running around at the main headquarters in VA. For those of you who fit this image, you have a lot of work to do, but I doubt any of you even want to improve or care for that matter.

One of only a handful of jobs where I actually enjoy getting up in the morning looking to everything I can accomplish.

I have been working at The Buller Group

Pros

Very Smart people - Best and the Brightest
    Leadership knows what they're doing. Very creative and aggressive in challenging the market with a unique value offering.
    Great place to work. Fun and vibrant
    Great benefits, comp and professional development for a relatively small firm

Cons

Nothing negative. Small firms that are successful like Buller Group go through growing pains like every company. Such hiccups, don't seem to get in the way of our teams being able to perform and deliver at high levels.

Continue to keep your eye on where the business is going.

There are newer employer reviews for The Buller Group