The CBORD Group

There are newer employer reviews for The CBORD Group

Software Development Intern

Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Ithaca, NY
Former Employee - Software Development Intern in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very nice Manger.Everybody know each other by first names.warm welcome. Appreciating and acknowledging

Cons

It was internship so don't know about benifits.

23 Other Employee Reviews for The CBORD Group (View Most Recent)

I feel both valued and valuable here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is that everybody is willing to listen to each other, and constructive input is always accepted and considered even if it comes from other departments. The corporate policies foster a friendly and co-operative environment, allowing new employees to feel at home very quickly - which in turn maximizes everyone's productivity.

Cons

In my opinion, we too often operate on a 'slow and steady wins the race' philosophy - which has certainly positioned us well, but it would behoove us to go for the grand slam at times, rather than being content to hit singles all day long.

While co-operation is strong here, I believe we still have some employee-specific skills and knowledge going to waste - let's continue to build solid internal communication so that we've exhausted internal possibilities and resources before we outsource any projects.

We got screwed out of overtime pay, and then we got screwed out of being compensated for it

Current Employee - Systems Support in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Support in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of time on the road

Cons

Didn't get paid for most of the time on the road. No pay for travel time or workdays longer than 12 hours (which were the norm). The position couldn't legally be a salaried job, so the company got sued and decided to only back-pay employees for the last year- meaning those of us who got screwed prior didn't get one red cent.

Pay up.