Great Intern Experience

Former Intern - Art Intern in New York, NY
Former Intern - Art Intern in New York, NY

I worked at The CDM Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

CDM has wonderful employees and as an Intern everyone was very helpful and I was able to learn a lot from all of the talented people who I was able to work with. Sometimes I felt more like an employee than an intern and the projects I was given were a great learning experience and a lot of fun!

Cons

It's definitely more like an intern position than an intern program so sometimes you just have to figure it out as you go along but everyone is really friendly and it felt gratifying figuring something out for yourself.

Advice to Management

Don't call the internship a program if there's not going to be a structure. It's okay for it to be an intern position because it's a really amazing place to work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Human Resources

I worked at The CDM Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Exec team, lots of diversity in business, clients. Standout to competitors and everyone is mostly positive and focused on client and employee satisfaction

Cons

Lots of HR Turnover, better idea of a work/life balance, more availability to work in other locations with the exception of NJ/NJ

2. Learning and exposure to best practices

I worked at The CDM Group

Pros

Strong leadership committed to helping employes do their best work. Extremely profitable organization with good employee benefit perks -- pilates class, free fruit, birthday day off, community service day, training opportunities.

Cons

Once you get to a certain level, there's nowhere left to go, and no direction on how to break into the inner sanctum. Unwilligness to confront conflict and low morale among all levels of employees. Traditional creative work and clients, with limited experimentation and/or innovation.