The CDM Group

www.thecdmgroup.com
  www.thecdmgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The CDM Group

Great atmosphere, smart people, great work

Current Employee - Group Copy Supervisor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Group Copy Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at The CDM Group

Pros

People, people, and people. They are diverse, smart, dynamic and motivated. Most of all, they are compelled to do great work and make it fun

Cons

Have not found any yet

Rather than cast such a wide net at new business pitches, we should concentrate on a model more focused on the audience the potential client is relating to

98 Other Employee Reviews for The CDM Group (View Most Recent)

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at The CDM Group

Pros

There is a great creative vibe at CDM Princeton. At first you wouldn't expect it since the agency is located in a boring corporate business park, but they've managed to make the agency very modern and creative.

There are 3 partners that run CDMP along with the President, they are all great and very personable-- Particularly Gerry, who is the copy partner. He is the nicest guy and incredibly approachable. He doesn't position himself as senior management at all and even introduces himself as a "writer", he's just very down to earth.

The biggest pro for CDMP is you get rewarded for doing a good job and it doesn't feel like you have to leave the agency to be able to grow. CDMP frequently promotes employees, I can't be sure about raises. They also encourage you to grow outside of your field if that is what you'd like to do. If you're a copywriter and want to become an account person, CDMP helps you get to where you want to be.

CDMP also has a great work/life balance. There are summer Fridays, Christmas to New years off, ample amount of holidays, and office parties/get togethers.

There is also a lot of great creative coming out of CDMP, they've won several awards and pitches. They are also constantly growing and pushing the limit with clients, especially digitally.

And last but not least, this is the first agency I've worked at where they give out bonuses. It's a welcome change!

Cons

There honestly aren't many cons. The closest to a con I can think of is the seating is kind of open so if you're bothered by that, you might have a problem. Also, this is the first agency I've worked at where there is a very limited amount of creative directors and they have limited involvement with day to day functions, including face time with non-senior staff. However, I am pretty neutral to that and I see it as just a different way to run things.

Keep up the good work! CDM is a great place to work so I guess I'd just say don't change it too much.

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at The CDM Group

Pros

People really care about the work . Everyone is creative, passionate, willing to work hard.

Communication is seen as important

Cons

too big but they are working on fixing that. lots of people are leaving lately--seem like an exodus is happening

Work on keeping those currently employed happy and feeling valued

There are newer employer reviews for The CDM Group