There are newer employer reviews for The CENTECH GROUP

Solid company with leadership that cares

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Program Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at The CENTECH GROUP full-time

Pros

Unlike other companies I have worked for, this company genuinely cares about its people. For the size, I think the benefits and pay are quite good and there is always someone available to talk to about HR issues. Also, the company offers a lot of different bonus programs and holds special award dinners to reward employees, which is not exactly the norm in this industry. The last one was very nice with tons of client recognition awards. It felt good to know that (most) of our customers appreciate the hard work we put in.

Cons

The changes in the industry relating to government cutbacks are felt at CENTECH, too. The company does try its best to pay people's salaries at previous levels but that's simply not always possible when winning new business takes a lower and lower price. As a small company, I feel there is not much to do and I see the bigger companies dole out more aggressive pay cuts than smaller companies like CENTECH. Going to be a rough ride for a while!

25 Other Employee Reviews for The CENTECH GROUP (View Most Recent)

Avoid if Possible

Former Employee - Security Engineer  in  Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Security Engineer in Montgomery, AL

I worked at The CENTECH GROUP full-time for less than a year

Pros

At least they have ambition.

Cons

This company is completely in over their heads. The Centech Group is only concerned with turning the absolute maximum profit possible from their contracts. While this is to be expected in the defense contracting community, Centech takes it to a whole new level.

They have little to no consideration of customer satisfaction. Keep in mind the customer (The Government) is the people you will need to face and work with every day. While the decisions are made far away by unknown faces, you will be left with the uncomfortable situations and inability to properly support the missions you care for most.

If you're looking for a paycheck and care very little for the operations you support, the Centech is the place for you!

Extremely excited in the beginning but now I see it was all smoke and mirrors.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at The CENTECH GROUP

Pros

Pay is decent and management works very well with vacation requests and the need for personal time off.

Cons

Management has NO IDEA what they are doing which is especially concerning since we have ~10 on this project. Schedules are created without any consideration for LOEs provided by the team. Coding time allocated is completely unreasonable. Testing phases are virtually non-existent. The managers are in the meetings with the client LEADING THE SCOPE CREEP EFFORT! Major requirement changes are being made weeks before the proposed release date. While it does seem that management wants to provide a decent working environment and apply industry-proven techniques, they completely lack any understanding of implementing them.

Make everyone with "Manager" in their title get their PMP. Utilize the existing resources you have instead of bringing on new faces that just folly up the process.

There are newer employer reviews for The CENTECH GROUP

Worked for The CENTECH GROUP? Contribute to the Community!