There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

A real life, hands on experience! Best decision I ever made!!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Cedar Falls, IA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at The Campus Special part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Rewarding - you get out what you put in!
-Real-life experience - You're not filing papers or running errands. YOU do all of the work!
-HUGE resume builder - Companies recognize C$; You can place personal/national stats; etc...
-Ahead of the game - Most prospective sales students don't have this type of experience when they graduate!
-Training - You attend a training conference where you learn the basics of the product and are well-prepared for the first day
-Networking - You meet some many new friends, business owners, recruiters, and possible future employers
-Opportunities within Career Partners - Campus Special is partnered up with more than 300 companies that are looking to hire from the top performers
-Opportunities to travel - If you work hard, the managers realize that. You may get to travel to other states to assist with their market!

*If you work hard and produce results, the managers will work hard for you in return to assist with job searching, resume building, references, etc...

Cons

-Time
consuming
-Stressful
-Rejection occurs frequently
-Daily reports

255 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

Most Rewarding Internship Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Athens, GA

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My internship with The Campus Special was probably the single most important experience I've had in my college career. This internship has taken me to the next level, not only in transforming me from a student to a professional, but one with the confidence and experience that will allow me to stand apart from my peers. By the end of this internship, I knew that I could walk into any job interview and nail it, because my resume spoke for itself. I can't say enough good things about everyone at this company, and how hard they will work for you as long as you put in the time and energy for them!

Cons

This internship is HARD WORK, but it definitely pays off in the end if you can stick it out!

Keep up the great motivation techniques! :)

This Internship is LIFE CHANGING

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL

I worked at The Campus Special for less than a year

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Get more rest! :)

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!