There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Best internship to prepare you for your future!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mount Pleasant, MI
Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Mount Pleasant, MI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The Campus Special internship has helped me in so many ways that I don’t know if I can fit it all in this paragraph! I was lucky enough to return for a second summer to sell, and was able to be a trainer down in Atlanta. Reuniting with a lot of the previous interns was a great experience and having more time with the managers was great as well. Returning and selling in my market at Central Michigan University was still challenging but I, along with my team, continued to grow our book as we did the year before. I was also blessed with the opportunity to travel and got sent down to Orlando, Florida to work at Central Florida University. It helped me grow so much as an individual and made my resume look amazing, as I finished in the Top 10%. Once I completed my updated resume and sent it out, I had numerous phone calls from recruiters wanting to set up interviews with ME! I didn’t have to pick up the phone or look online, they rang my cell phone. I have had numerous interviews and can’t wait to land a job all thanks to the CAMPUS SPECIAL!

Cons

Long hours but you get out what you put in!

Keep up the great work! I enjoyed everything!

272 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity. Work hard, get rewarded!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Duluth, MN

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

-Real world, hands on experience
    - Not your typical college internship
    - Great support system at the corporate office
    - Amazing training program
    -Continuous help after finishing the program

Cons

-Long days if you want to be successful
    - Very time consuming for those 10 weeks
    - Strong competitive nature

Keep up the good work!

Experience of a lifetime

Former Employee - Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Charleston, SC

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The summer that I interned with the Campus Special was the best summer I’ve had so far. It was the hardest, yet most rewarding experience of my entire life, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Before the summer began, I thought I was taking this job because I knew the real life experience that I would gain would make my resume stand out from from my peers. Although this is very true, after just one week of working with this company, I knew that it was more than just a resume-builder. They aren’t lying to you when they say, “what you put in is what you get out”. As an Account Executive, my success was a direct reflection of how hard I worked. I know that I wouldn’t have worked so hard if I didn’t have the whole company behind me. Campus Special’s management is there for their interns with 100% support. They were constantly motivating me and pushing me past my limits to be the best that I could be. My manager was there for me through all my ups and downs, and I have him to thank for my growth, development, and increased confidence after this summer. I thought that my confidence was the highest that it could be before this internship, but after, my confidence level has definitely more than doubled, and it shows. In class, the semester after, I had no hesitation to speak out; even in social gatherings, people have noticed that I am extra confident- it shows. If you are given the opportunity to work with the Campus Special, take full advantage of it; I guarantee that you won’t regret it!

Cons

If you want to be successful, you work longer hours - what you put in is what you get out!!

Keep doing what you're doing!!

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special