The Campus Special

Change Your Life with The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern

Pros

The Campus Special summer internship was the most valuable experience I have had in my lifetime. The experiences and skills I gained have not only prepared me for beginning a job in the real world but have also molded me into a business professional. Furthermore, I have actual numbers to back up those skills that I now have on my resume such as "ranked #1 out of 400 account executives," or "sold $80,519 in revenue." Beyond this, there were a lot of things I learned that I didn't expect. Before the internship, I definitely wouldn't have been described as a positive person, but by the end of the summer, I had become so much more positive and now have a better outlook on life. I am more confident and can look back and know that I can pretty much do anything if I work hard and put my mind to it, and this is something I didn't truly believe before. Without this experience, I would not even be close to the place I am now. The internship has everything to do with my future and what opportunities I will now have. I'm currently getting a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, and prior to the internship I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation or how I was going to get a job. Now, with the experience I have under my belt and the numbers to back it up, I have had recruiters contacting me for full time positions and feel as if the sky is the limit. I am in a position where I will not only be able to get a job outside of college, but will have options. I find this unbelievable and I'm truly grateful for The Campus Special for providing me with a more promising future and helping to mold me into the person I am now.

Cons

It isn't easy, and you have to work very hard, but that is what makes it worthwhile and it ultimately gives you the most skills and experience.

290 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, KY

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The biggest pro about this internship is hands down the experience! What you learn over the summer will completely transform your life and force you to be a better person. Before this internship I was unsure of what I wanted to do for a career but afterwards I can say for 100% sure that sales is where I belong. Even if you don't want to pursue sales this internship is perfect. For example I interviewed with a bank for their management program and literally every single question they had for me I could easily answer with a Campus Special story ending in a sale of course. The money isn't bad either.

Cons

This internship is hard but worth every minute.

No advice it's perfect.

Incredibly challenging and rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Campus Special teaches you many things and you come away with a wealth of knowledge in several areas. You come out of the internship with a completely different attitude than you did going in. The biggest reward of Campus Special is the tangible, quantifiable numbers and experience that you come away with to use to market yourself and your resume to future employers. CS puts you in a full time position that totally redefines your opinion of the word "internship." The managers are very hands on and the company is very forthcoming about expectations, rewards, and your future career path. The internship is paid with a commission structure and an additional bonus structure. You are in a situation that gives a very accurate representation of a sales career. This internship will challenge you, it will force you to think on your feet, interact with all kinds of people and make you a strong salesperson.

Cons

Time. Your week is what you make it, but if you want to succeed, expect to work 40+ hours a week. This is not an easy "summer job" and it is most certainly a scenario where you get out what you put in.

Keep up the excellent work! Continue the energy, personal attention of conference calls, and availability!

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special