The Campus Special

www.campusspecial.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

The stepping stone to my professional career

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Indiana, PA

I have been working at The Campus Special full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I could not be happier with my internship with The Campus Special. It gave me the best experience i have ever had with sales and marketing. If you work hard for them during the summer they will work hard for you after the summer in helping you get a job.

Cons

I would have to say the hours are very long and you work very hard. The managers ask a lot from you and you are expected to follow through with what they want

Don't change,

302 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lexington, KY

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The biggest pro about this internship is hands down the experience! What you learn over the summer will completely transform your life and force you to be a better person. Before this internship I was unsure of what I wanted to do for a career but afterwards I can say for 100% sure that sales is where I belong. Even if you don't want to pursue sales this internship is perfect. For example I interviewed with a bank for their management program and literally every single question they had for me I could easily answer with a Campus Special story ending in a sale of course. The money isn't bad either.

Cons

This internship is hard but worth every minute.

No advice it's perfect.

Incredibly challenging and rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chapel Hill, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chapel Hill, NC

I worked at The Campus Special full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Campus Special teaches you many things and you come away with a wealth of knowledge in several areas. You come out of the internship with a completely different attitude than you did going in. The biggest reward of Campus Special is the tangible, quantifiable numbers and experience that you come away with to use to market yourself and your resume to future employers. CS puts you in a full time position that totally redefines your opinion of the word "internship." The managers are very hands on and the company is very forthcoming about expectations, rewards, and your future career path. The internship is paid with a commission structure and an additional bonus structure. You are in a situation that gives a very accurate representation of a sales career. This internship will challenge you, it will force you to think on your feet, interact with all kinds of people and make you a strong salesperson.

Cons

Time. Your week is what you make it, but if you want to succeed, expect to work 40+ hours a week. This is not an easy "summer job" and it is most certainly a scenario where you get out what you put in.

Keep up the excellent work! Continue the energy, personal attention of conference calls, and availability!

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special