There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

This Internship is LIFE CHANGING

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Auburn, AL
Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL

I worked at The Campus Special for less than a year

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Get more rest! :)

258 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

Change Your Life with The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern

Pros

The Campus Special summer internship was the most valuable experience I have had in my lifetime. The experiences and skills I gained have not only prepared me for beginning a job in the real world but have also molded me into a business professional. Furthermore, I have actual numbers to back up those skills that I now have on my resume such as "ranked #1 out of 400 account executives," or "sold $80,519 in revenue." Beyond this, there were a lot of things I learned that I didn't expect. Before the internship, I definitely wouldn't have been described as a positive person, but by the end of the summer, I had become so much more positive and now have a better outlook on life. I am more confident and can look back and know that I can pretty much do anything if I work hard and put my mind to it, and this is something I didn't truly believe before. Without this experience, I would not even be close to the place I am now. The internship has everything to do with my future and what opportunities I will now have. I'm currently getting a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, and prior to the internship I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation or how I was going to get a job. Now, with the experience I have under my belt and the numbers to back it up, I have had recruiters contacting me for full time positions and feel as if the sky is the limit. I am in a position where I will not only be able to get a job outside of college, but will have options. I find this unbelievable and I'm truly grateful for The Campus Special for providing me with a more promising future and helping to mold me into the person I am now.

Cons

It isn't easy, and you have to work very hard, but that is what makes it worthwhile and it ultimately gives you the most skills and experience.

Former Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Eugene, OR

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My summer working with the Campus Special was one of the most rewarding and beneficial internships I could have asked for. Although it was difficult at times, it was challenging in a way that leads to personal growth and development. It taught me confidence in myself and what I am capable of achieving. It was also fun to be able to go out into my community and work one-on-one with business owners. My manager was with me every step of the way, and was a constant support system throughout the summer. I was also able to connect with interns all over the country for advice and motivation, which really made the Campus Special into a small supportive community. It was a rewarding experience to gain hands on experience in the business world that you won’t get sitting behind a computer screen all summer. By the end of my internship, I knew that I had gained valuable skills and experiences that could help me in any career path I may choose to follow.

Cons

You are only going to be as successful as you push yourself to be! Sometimes it is though motivating yourself to work long hours, but there is always a support system behind you and proof that hard work does pay off!

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Worked for The Campus Special? Contribute to the Community!