The Campus Special

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Unmatchable Learning Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ames, IA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Ames, IA

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

There was no such thing as a typical day of work. Every day was new and exciting either making progress with current potential clients, closing a sale you'd been working really diligently on, or meeting new business owners and having unlimited opportunities to make a lasting impression as a professional.

I learned a lot about myself, from just how persistent I could be to get a job done, how hard I was willing to work to build a good reputation for myself and the company, and how to motivate myself on those hot summer mornings when air-conditioning is calling. It was an amazing experience and looking back I know that I gained so much more than if I had just been fetching coffee or making copies.

The best part about the job is getting to see the finished product and know that you spent your summer working towards that end point and having it finally be right in front of you.

I'm so glad I took this internship. It has helped open so many doors for me and helped me grow out of that 'student' mindset and feel more like a real professional with real world skills and experience to contribute.

Cons

The hardest part of the job was dealing with rejection or difficult clients. The thing that helped get me though that was confidence in our product as well as knowing that I was walking into a business determined to help them have more of a presence with the students on our campus. Like I said, any time I needed a lift both my manager and my coworkers would help me out by making me laugh, put things in perspective, shake it off, and move on to the next one.

Our managers trusted us completely to be working our best and representing them well. I knew no matter what the case that I could call my manager and get advice, a morale boost, or a really loud cheer of celebration. All of the managers worked as a team to support us, and it's been clear since day one that they truly care about each of us and our futures. The only thing that was a little difficult was if the phone lines ever got tied up, it

292 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

This Internship is LIFE CHANGING

Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL

I worked at The Campus Special (less than an year)

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Get more rest! :)

Change Your Life with The Opportunity of a Lifetime

Former Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern

Pros

The Campus Special summer internship was the most valuable experience I have had in my lifetime. The experiences and skills I gained have not only prepared me for beginning a job in the real world but have also molded me into a business professional. Furthermore, I have actual numbers to back up those skills that I now have on my resume such as "ranked #1 out of 400 account executives," or "sold $80,519 in revenue." Beyond this, there were a lot of things I learned that I didn't expect. Before the internship, I definitely wouldn't have been described as a positive person, but by the end of the summer, I had become so much more positive and now have a better outlook on life. I am more confident and can look back and know that I can pretty much do anything if I work hard and put my mind to it, and this is something I didn't truly believe before. Without this experience, I would not even be close to the place I am now. The internship has everything to do with my future and what opportunities I will now have. I'm currently getting a bachelor's degree in Psychology and Communication Studies at the University of Michigan, and prior to the internship I had no idea what I was going to do after graduation or how I was going to get a job. Now, with the experience I have under my belt and the numbers to back it up, I have had recruiters contacting me for full time positions and feel as if the sky is the limit. I am in a position where I will not only be able to get a job outside of college, but will have options. I find this unbelievable and I'm truly grateful for The Campus Special for providing me with a more promising future and helping to mold me into the person I am now.

Cons

It isn't easy, and you have to work very hard, but that is what makes it worthwhile and it ultimately gives you the most skills and experience.

There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special