The Campus Special

www.campusspecial.com
  www.campusspecial.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Campus Special

Great account mgmt experience, looks good on resume

Former Employee - Account Executive in College Station, TX
Former Employee - Account Executive in College Station, TX

I worked at The Campus Special as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great people, comprehensive product training, great product

Cons

no base salary, only commission

longer internship period would bring more sales

288 Other Employee Reviews for The Campus Special (View Most Recent)

My Campus Special Experience

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bloomington, IN

I have been working at The Campus Special as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am so grateful for my Campus Special experience! It is not just a summer internship; it is a real job that gives you real experience. The Atlanta training conference at first seemed daunting, I thought I’d made a huge mistake. I thought I had no business being there and that I could never succeed in this sort of workplace. Thankfully, with the help of my team and my manager, I proved myself wrong. Even if you aren’t the top salesperson, it is so rewarding to finish this job knowing what sort of effort you’ve had to put in and seeing the empirical data of your work. It is challenging to get up everyday and face business owners, but your confidence builds so much. There are so many skills that I didn’t even realize that I had the potential for, and I can now say I excel at them. It forces you to become a risk taker and to put yourself in uncomfortable situations, and that has only made me stronger. It also has the major perk of getting to know the business owners around your college town; we got (and still get) free stuff everywhere! I’d certainly recommend this internship to any student looking to build not only their resume, but also their confidence.

Cons

It's hard work, but it's worth it!

This Internship is LIFE CHANGING

Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, AL

I worked at The Campus Special (less than an year)

Pros

CAMPUS SPECIAL CHANGED MY LIFE, and I knew it would from the first day of training conference. By the end of summer I had finished in the top 6% of all Account Executives nationwide and I couldn't have been more shocked or proud of myself. The knowledge and confidence you gain through this internship are priceless and you notice it not only in yourself, but others notice it in you. Building the Campus Special brand for your University whether you are a new market, renewal market, or the Campus Special has been around for years, is one of the most rewarding experiences. To look across campus and in the community and see people using what you worked so hard throughout the summer to provide for them is remarkable. When Campus Special says they will work hard for you if you work hard for them, they mean it. Being a graduate, I had Campus Special in mind for experience and a future career liaison. After the internship concluded, my resume was built and sent out to as many Career Partners as possible and within 2 days I had 15 phone calls that led to great opportunities. Your phone blows up, your interview skills are through the roof compared to other graduates, and your career possibilities are endless. I chose the perfect job for me through Campus Special Career Partners and am beyond thankful for the Campus Special opportunity! Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. GO FOR IT! YOU WON"T REGRET IT!

Cons

You need to be very self disciplined, time effective, and ready for anything/anyone that is thrown your way. Don't let that discourage you, being an Account Executive teaches you to overcome all those things!

Get more rest! :)