The Carson Center for Human Services

www.carsoncenter.org

In decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhat I liked most was working with the TBI population, working with the team and being able to work independently. When I started out this place was the best except for the pay. Declined rapidly after a number of people left. Agency is going through a lot of changes due to changes in legislation in regards to TBI population. When I left place was becoming chaotic and staff turnover issues were really starting to be a problem. Staff morale also was on the decline when I left.

ConsLack of leadership, direction and training. Area of brain injury rehab is rapidly changing and some people, especially in management, find this change hard. I think its an exciting time to be working with the population.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to get excited about change. Give more direction and reward talent even if it doesn't involve giving more money. Think out of the box and be involved in change instead of being afraid of it. Take time to commend people for their commitment to the TBI population. Be careful not to discourage by making derogatory comments about what the agency currently pays you but look for ways to build up your team by looking for other ways to motivate yourself. Don't be sour about your "favorite" employees who left and above all don't play favorites. Very bad for morale..

Poor management; disorganized and lots of drama among staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Carson Center for Human Services part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I loved working with the clients and offering much needed… Cons: The staff and management are highly unprofessional. Unknowable people in positions that they do no belong in. A lot of gossip and back… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together. You probably all need some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Carson Center for Human Services.

Worked for The Carson Center for Human Services? Contribute to the Community!