The Children's Hospital

www.thechildrenshospital.org

Friendly but Flawed

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMostly friendly. Decisions are consensus driven and respectful. Pay is pretty good. Recent management replacement may be sign that organization is moving in right direction if not there yet. Easy to be proud of job that (indirectly) helps sick children. Communication about changes in organization and general news is pretty good.

ConsOverall, management is friendly and respectful, but very lacking in basic management and project management training (feedback, delegation, purpose of goals, time management, etc.). Some managers are even toxic. Fear of change stands in the way of progress. Consensus driven decisions can sometimes slow things down. Organization is not always honest with itself about how to improve. Lack of real offices means knowledge work suffers. Parking is bad but may improve soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time learning management and project management skills. Be honest about how the organization works, or improvement isn't possible.

A good place to work if you can look past small daily issues and keep in mind the bigger picture.

Inpatient Service Specialist (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at The Children's Hospital

Pros: To help children! The ability to learn from coworkers. Working with… Cons: Somewhat "corporate" environment, chain of command is super long, There are too… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the "little people" who are truly what keeps us going… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The most frustrating and disappointing place I have ever worked.

Systems Network Engineer (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at The Children's Hospital

Pros: If altruism and a sense of doing something good for your community is important to you in a career then The Children's Hospital is… Cons: Senior management does a poor job of understanding IT. Internal promotion is almost non-existent. Seniority is valued to highly; I worked with dozens… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to take advice from your staff. The people who work day to day with your patients and support structure often… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Children's Hospital.

Worked for The Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!