The Children's Medical Center (Dayton)

www.childrensdayton.org
  www.childrensdayton.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Medical Center (Dayton)

Amazing medical staff, best care for kids

I worked at The Children's Medical Center (Dayton) full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Medical staff is wonderful. Caring, educated, I will still take my children there. There are various options for insurance so you can pick one that fits your life. Very fulfilling job.

Cons

Depending on your department, some management focus on only hiring new grads, so that they can start at the bottom of the pay scale. In my experience, all of the senior staff that was there under previous management ended up leaving one way or another; some situations were very sketchy. Some departments have administrative managers that do not help the staff or pitch in when there is a dire need. Some management can be condescending and focus on searching for negatives instead of promoting positives.

Realize that your staff is there to provide excellent care to the kids and their families. LISTEN to them when they bring legitimate concerns to your attention, and DISCOURAGE them from feeding and nurturing unnecessary drama or personality differences. SENIOR management is wonderful. Departmental management should be held to the same standards as other staff as far as upholding spirit standards and excellence in service.

3 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Medical Center (Dayton) (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed working at DCMC for 27 years

Pros

I liked working at Children's because I always felt like I was part of the team. Benefits were very good. I always felt that I made a difference.

Cons

Working at Children's was a personal decision. Compared to other hospitals; Children's did not have the highest salary. That never mattered to me; I loved working with children.

Some of the upper management had no idea what the employee did and how hard we worked.

Great hospital, not so great treatment of employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Children's Medical Center (Dayton) full-time

Pros

DCH is a wonderful place with wonderful employees who genuinely care about the work that they do.

Cons

Some areas reek of cronyism whereby 10% of the employees then get to do 90% of the work while others slide by without contributing. While there is desire to grow, there is no desire to put forth proper resources so that growth is manageable. If you aren't a clinician (i.e., MD or RN) you are treated as a second-class citizen -- they even get special name badges.

Spend a mile in your employee's shoes. Consider management rounds (other area hospitals do this) rather than spending all of your time in the C-suite. Pay your employees a fair amount for the jobs they do.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Medical Center (Dayton)