The Children's Place

On the fence!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

The manager is a sweetie and she's willing to help in any way she can.

Cons

My first week of working I had other engagements and was placed on call. When I did call in to see if they needed me it felt like the other managers didn't want me to work unless the Store Manager was there.

Don't be intimidated about new hires. Do your job correctly and you won't have to worry about someone taking your job. Take your noses out the air and take a hint from the new store manager.

631 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Could have potential, but store managers expect too much for the low pay.

Former Employee - Sales Lead in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Lead in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

You do receive great discounts and get guidance on a daily basis. Some tasks were repetitive and allowed me, as a sales lead, to learn the system faster.

Cons

As a sales lead, I was expected to do all the work of a store manager and learn how to do extensive financials within a period of three months. When I did have questions, or needed clarification, it seemed as if I was being irritating and bothersome for the leaders. Not helpful, when learning a whole new system.

Allow sales lead to learn independently as well as with a team and with the store managers. Also, do not expect a great store manager at 9.00/hour. Most people cannot live off of this salary.

Room for advancement within an expanding company is a plus.

Current Employee - Manager in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at The Children's Place

Pros

Work-life balance within my department is very fair. Whenever I have needed time off to take care of my personal needs I was accommodated and I do the same for my staff. I've been here a few years and my work was rewarded with an unexpected promotion. I was made to feel needed and competent.

Cons

Working with other departments can be challenging as some people put no importance on your projects or withhold information that may be relevant. We are all working towards the same goal, why can't we mutually cooperate? It's not us against you.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place