The Children's Place

www.childrensplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place

I have been recognized consistently, coached effectively, and given many opportunities to learn and succeed.

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at The Children's Place

Pros

Great benefits, very dynamic workplace, challenging, but with plenty of support. Most of all, the Company wants to know how to improve and listens to the field's suggestions.

Cons

Difficult to advance past store manager without being able to relocate (similar to other specialty retailers). Limited formal development programs which can cause inconsistencies in opportunities for advancement.

614 Other Employee Reviews for The Children's Place (View Most Recent)

Don't Even Bother

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at The Children's Place

Pros

-You work with children on a daily basis and can help make them smile.
    -You help parents pick out outfits suitable for their children.
    -The store employees have a decent amount of intelligence and are able to work together as a team.
    -The store layout (at least in my store) is easy to memorize.

Cons

-Employees are overworked and underpaid.
    -Managers are not allowed to have "overtime" due to budget conflicts.
    -The store's cash register is running on an old system. Each time a person brings in a return, the cashier must manually key in each item (if it was discounted because of a coupon) as well as the store number, transaction number, cashier number, date, etc. This takes too much time and other customers get irritated.
    -Sales Associates do too much work. During closing time, they are expected to clean the entire store, do recovery, clean the bathrooms, empty hangers to the back, as well as empty trash, and count deposits. Too much for such little pay.
    -Many associates get little hours.
    -Like someone else said: Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    -Floorsets take too long and are unorganized. It took my group 12 hours just to do two floor sets with four people. We obviously needed more help.
    -Store display outlines are confusing, especially for window store display outlines.
    -You never know when you will get your paycheck in the mail. Sign up for direct deposit immediately upon hiring.
    -Place Cards are not beneficial. A customer only receives 5% discount after opening a Place Card account. The customer receives 20% off the time she opens the account. Many times customers are not approved.

Get your paperwork done ON TIME. Letting it backup is a serious problem. It prevents your employees from being paid in a timely manner. When doing floorsets, know what you want each employee to do BEFORE beginning work.

Nice people but unchallenging.

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Its a good summer job.

Cons

A lot of standing and it gets really boring.

I didn't like the changing schedule.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place