Good job!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lynwood, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Lynwood, CA

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for more than a year

Pros

Works Wells with your schedule when you're going to school full time, easy to request days off, coworkers are great too work with kind of like a second family, its an easy job too do && unlike other managers my managers do a great job caring for their employees!

Cons

I hate on calls! They make my life miserable. && you never have steady schedule.

DM's ask for a lot! But as for my manager's they do a great job with caring for their employees

Other Reviews for The Children's Place

Nice staff and alot of work to do

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, NC

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with kids, moms and families
    Easy fast pace working environment
    Discounts on kid's clothing and merchandise
    Awesome work staff and managers
    Flexible hours and able to switch hours with other employees
    Big store with a lot of selection of clothes and more hours to work
    Place card information is a lot easier to apply
    Great dress code you wear almost anything nice and professional but no graphics, still get to wear jeans if you don't want to wear dresses or slacks.

Cons

Work hard for low pay but not minimum wage
    No bonuses from getting a Place card
    Move you around each department in the store
    Merchandise floor set is always moved around the departments, hard to remember where they are
    Computer register program seems outdated, all returns need to be keyed in a small card machine and computer
    Some items are not priced marked correctly in the system when they are supposed to be on sale
    Explaining return policies/coupon policies to customers who don't know about Children's Place Outlet and Children's Place Retail/ Online are a separate division.
    Hours will deflate when the store is not making enough sales or hiring more people
    Some workers won't mind their own business and rude
    Small lunch room, 30 minute lunch over 6+ hrs, 15 min break below 6 hrs.
    Store, lunchroom, and bathroom are not very clean
    Angry customers not knowing the retail/online and outlet coupons and return policies.

My honest opinion about the store company it seems unorganized but all of the employees are great to work with. These are my ideas to change the work environment:

-Pay should stay around average pay since the work environment requires so much work.

-Give out bonuses for every Place card every employee gets and/or make a game against other districts.

-Move people around the department less by having them stationed to their own department. So it can be much easier to help the customers to find what they need. And give pictures of the floor set.

-Update the computer register to help the cashiers do returns better and faster by scanning receipts and keying them in the P.O.S. Get rid of the mini card machine so the customers don't wait for us too long.

-Since the return policy and coupons for The Children's Place retail/ Online and Outlet changed its better to let the customers know by email or put up a sign in-store to let them know FIRST about these changes. Many customers are upset about not using their coupons and wasting gas to go back to the store they have purchased their items from.

-Lunch hours seem okay but its still hard to consume your food when you have little time to eat. I'd say it should be changed to probably 50 mins- 1 hour with a quiet lunchroom with good walking moving space.

-Cleanliness is a good thing and makes the environment more presentable and keeps us from getting sick. I think everyone should try to make store dust free and clean the lunch/break room after themselves. Bathrooms should be kept only for employees and little kids with emergencies.

Bad Experience for Retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Children's Place part-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers were very helpful in answering questions
    SOME nice & fun co-workers
    helping parents pair up outfits
    helping kids find their size and favorite color
    usually got requested days off

Cons

LAZY cashiers who just radios floor workers all over
    lazy co-workers who just stuff sloppy folded shirts under the pile or behind stacks
    ON-CALL schedule that made it impossible to have a life
    part time- only got about 8 hrs a week!
    NO register training because was too busy or said will train next time
    last minute calls to go in

value the employees who want to work and who give their all. need to promote fairness so experienced workers don't take advantage of new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!