The Children's Place
www.childrensplace.com Secaucus, NJ 5000+ Employees

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

ProsExceptional pay and vacation plus sick time, considering the overall volume the store does each year.
Flexible Schedule
Learn a lot by rotating Divisions of Responsibility, you get experience managing sales, talent and visuals.
Annual pay raises if you do your job correctly.

ConsPayroll management is difficult. They tell you to hire a lot of people seasonally but current staff does not get any hours.
Need more payroll for the amount of work that is asked of you... i.e. floor sets and weekends.
Typically work with only 2 people in the store at a time.
Sales associate left on the floor alone for majority of their shift.
No designated shipment team makes it difficult to check in and process over 50 boxes of shipment everyday (M-F) since you also have to maintain visuals, assist customers on the floor, sign up credit cards, run the cash registers, run the fitting rooms and do all the housekeeping.
Most of the time there is more stock in the back room than on the sales floor because there isn't enough time to get all the product out with minimal coverage.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't pay store managers, assistant managers and co-managers so much and sales associates so little. You would be able to schedule more people which would increase productivity and positivity.

Not bad

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time for more than a year

Pros: Pays good good bonus good discount customer friendly and pretty good life family… Cons: Does not give enough time to complete resets so it can get… Advice to Senior Management: makes it hard to make sure you have the right… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good job!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Lynwood, CA

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time for more than a year

Pros: Works Wells with your schedule when you're going to school full time, easy to request days off, coworkers are great too work with kind… Cons: I hate on calls! They make my life miserable. &&… Advice to Senior Management: DM's ask for a lot! But as for my manager's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Children's Place.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Children's Place CEO Jane Elfers. All reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees.